Noise from vents when switching venting options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

supdizzle

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi everyone, this is my first post with my new to me 200 series Land Cruiser, coming from a 100 series LX.

I noticed that when I change from any zones with my climate control (Floor, upper vents or defrost) there is a creaking noise behind the dash. Almost like an accordion slowly opening and closing.

I tried searching and found something related to replacing the cabin air filter, not quite sure this is that issue. Anyone have the same problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's the motors opening/closing the flaps to redirect the air where you want it to go. (Yes I'm not using proper wording or terms here)

Your servo box could be going bad if I remember the part correctly. Had checked out a 200 a while back that was making ticking noise when I tried to cycle through the climate directions, when taking it to the dealership for inspection they mentioned servo box or something that controls the input of switching through

Is the airflow actually changing direction? If not you might be in for a pretty pennies worth of work. They quoted me best case $700

That's the motors opening/closing the flaps to redirect the air where you want it to go. (Yes I'm not using proper wording or terms here)

Your servo box could be going bad if I remember the part correctly. Had checked out a 200 a while back that was making ticking noise when I tried to cycle through the climate directions, when taking it to the dealership for inspection they mentioned servo box or something that controls the input of switching through

Is the airflow actually changing direction? If not you might be in for a pretty pennies worth of work. They quoted me best case $700
Thank you, you pointed me in the right direction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom