No steps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I mean dragging across large rocks, ledges, trees and break over situations (for example). I also ditched the factory front mud flaps (rubbing tires) and an about to trim off the rear mud flaps (scraping rocks on drop down). Something like the LDPE mud flaps that rally cars use might be a good alternative?
The LDPE units are so ugly i personally wouldn’t consider them.

They do.

I like them a lot. Looks fancy like it came from factory. Crash tested by ARB. Lightweight. Plenty strong enough. No drilling into frame. No rivnut needed. No KDSS line manipulation needed.
Those are steps, not sliders

Those are steps, not sliders
There is debate on this before. Per ARB, they are sliders. They can support weight of vehicle, per ARB. Their tube diameter (larger than most/all? other sliders) make them plenty strong. They lack the middle piece of other siders (nerf bar that goes right under the door sill)…for better or worst depends on your needs, but this saves weight…thus, they are lighter than most/all other sliders (despite being made of steel).

Are they the toughest? No. Are they lightweight? Yes. Are they simple (relatively) to install? Yes. Are they sliders? Yes. Are they proven design that ARB has been using for years/decades? Yes. Have they been crash tested? Yes. Are they quality made? Yes…no issue with rust/powder coating.

All depends on need.

For those who want to read more: Why do people get rock sliders, but not skid plates? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/why-do-people-get-rock-sliders-but-not-skid-plates.1225408/page-2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom