No Start fixed but not solved (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
96 lx450 with 170k. I was having intermittent no start issues till finally it would not start at all. I read a thread on removing the rs3000 alarm solves a lot of problems so I did that still no start, no click just a relay sound. Put in a new starter, rebuilt denso from rock auto, no start. Cleaned all my ground connection, checked my fusable links made sure I was getting 12 volts at the main lug of the starter, No start. So with the key in the start position I went to check if I was getting 12 volts at the smaller wire on the starter, unclipped it and suddenly my fuel pump starts running. Turned the ignition off, reclipped the smaller starter wire and she started right up. So do I have a EFI relay on it's way out, a short that's intermittent or something else I should be looking for?

Last edited:
96 lx450 with 170k. I was having intermittent no start issues till finally it would not start at all. I read a thread on removing the rs3000 alarm solves a lot of problems so I did that still no start, no click just a relay sound. Put in a new starter, rebuilt denso from rock auto, no start. Cleaned all my ground connection, checked my fusable links made sure I was getting 12 volts at the main lug of the starter, No start. So with the key in the start position I went to check if I was getting 12 volts at the smaller wire on the starter, unclipped it and suddenly my fuel pump starts running. Turned the ignition off, reclipped the smaller starter wire and she started right up. So do I have a EFI relay on it's way out, a short that's intermittent or something else I should be looking for?
You have short in something else, because the fuel pump should ONLY run when the engine is cranking. It gets it's signal from the crank sensor.

I am guessing you have a short in something else that would cause that.

Are you sure that the PO didn't have a secondary alarm with a fuel pump shut off or bypass switch?

If there is a secondary alarm it is well hidden... I got the lower dash taken off because I removed the carpet and the RS 3000 (By the way that dry ice method for removing sound deadner works great). Would a likely place to look be at the fuel pump and wiring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom