No sound from speakers and no volume control. PLEASE HELP. 2013 Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, but I hav an LX and it looks as though it is different in the LC. So I am curious if this drives the rear screens? Also is it same part number as the one I mentioned in earlier post under the front passenger seat.

Yes, but I hav an LX and it looks as though it is different in the LC. So I am curious if this drives the rear screens? Also is it same part number as the one I mentioned in earlier post under the front passenger seat.
No clue! Sorry!

Sorry to announce new problems. After operating normally for a couple of days the intermittent sound issues started happening again... even though I don't use the CD player I noticed it was running and making noises. And was extremely hot. I tried to disconnect the main harness from the back of the CD player but once I did that I lost all head unit / display fuction... black screen 🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽

Sorry to announce new problems. After operating normally for a couple of days the intermittent sound issues started happening again... even though I don't use the CD player I noticed it was running and making noises. And was extremely hot. I tried to disconnect the main harness from the back of the CD player but once I did that I lost all head unit / display fuction... black screen 🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽
Oof! You should reach out to Joe at OEM Auto Audio.

Hey there!

My 2013 cruiser has joined the no volume no sound issues, i am wondering if anyone has any updates? I have checked the fuses and so far they are all good. From what I can tell, the rear overhead dvd player has stopped working and that is my next move to follow @bgladd path, have you experienced any other issues after you unplugged that?

Appreciate any feedback or advice.

Thanks much!
Erndawg

My stereo has operated flawlessly since I bypassed the rear system. Works like it should.
Hey there!

My 2013 cruiser has joined the no volume no sound issues, i am wondering if anyone has any updates? I have checked the fuses and so far they are all good. From what I can tell, the rear overhead dvd player has stopped working and that is my next move to follow @bgladd path, have you experienced any other issues after you unplugged that?

Appreciate any feedback or advice.

Thanks much!
Ernd

Sure thing. Be sure to jump the connection and not simply unplug it.
Finally got around to it, I ended up cutting the wires and jumping it like Silverhorse did and I can’t believe it started working again. The wires are incredibly thin and delicate.

I appreciate all your help! Thanks again!!!

Ernie

Finally got around to it, I ended up cutting the wires and jumping it like Silverhorse did and I can’t believe it started working again. The wires are incredibly thin and delicate.

I appreciate all your help! Thanks again!!!

Ernie
Great news! Huge relief.

no volume, no rear entertainment, no beeps. Did everything but physically pull the amp. Is there a fuse in the amp itself? Didn’t see one. Jumpers did not work for me. Test screen doesn’t see the rear entertainment system. Pulled passenger side seat to see if there was a controler under there as some other poster mentioned that was his issue but my rig dosent have that. 2013 landcruiser

no volume, no rear entertainment, no beeps. Did everything but physically pull the amp. Is there a fuse in the amp itself? Didn’t see one. Jumpers did not work for me. Test screen doesn’t see the rear entertainment system. Pulled passenger side seat to see if there was a controler under there as some other poster mentioned that was his issue but my rig dosent have that. 2013 landcruiser
You should reach out to Joe at OEM Auto Audio.

The wires are super thin when you try to jump
It and may not connect properly. I had to redo it multiple times and I think the 4th time I was really careful and was able to use electric tape really well and delicately and I have had the sound back since then with no issues. May be worth to try jumping it again to ensure you really rule that out.

jumping wires in the connector…It for me was impossible with my fat fingers. So very hesitantly I cut the connector and did the splice as shown in earlier posts. Wires are so thin, difficult seeing (getting old sucks) used a lighter to remove the insulation. Got my sound back! Thanks all for the help.Really happy about this.

jumping wires in the connector…It for me was impossible with my fat fingers. So very hesitantly I cut the connector and did the splice as shown in earlier posts. Wires are so thin, difficult seeing (getting old sucks) used a lighter to remove the insulation. Got my sound back! Thanks all for the help.Really happy about this.
Man I know, those wires were finer than a human hair, still can’t believe it worked. When I heard the beep I was thrilled. Glad you regained your sound back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom