No sound from any speakers, what am I doing wrong? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I bought my hdj81 it had a Japanese stereo in it. So not didn't work because it doesn't cover our frequency range. I finally got around to installing a deck, 4 new speakers, an amp and sub.

The amp in the glove box is gone.
Regardless of which connectors I hook up to(behind dash or the ones from the amp) I am getting zero from my door speakers.
I keep reading about grey connectors, which I don't have. Mine are all white. I have three behind the deck and the same 3 where the amp was.

I took a battery and made leads.
I can get sound from all 4 speakers with either connector using the battery. Now I'm lost

I would suggest wiring all your speakers directly off the head unit, if it's aftermarket.

I would suggest wiring all your speakers directly off the head unit, if it's aftermarket.

The wiring behind the dash will trigger the speakers to make noise when a small battery voltage is applied. So I don't think it's a speaker wiring issue

Just for fun I ran a wire directly to an extra speaker off the deck and nothing.

If you use an external power source to get your speakers to work, but nothing with factory wiring, wouldn't that suggest that you're not getting power at one of the radio inputs/ amp inputs.

I'm no audio expert by any means but from what I remember about re-doing the system in my 96. You need constant power, switched power to the head unit and then a signal from the head unit to the amp. That one should be a blue wire.

Is your truck 24v? ( I know nothing about the HDJs) is that a possibility? Or when I first put my radio in, instead of hooking up to the blue wire for amp turn on from the head unit harness, I used the Blue with white stripe which is for a power antenna. I never got any sound out of my radio until I wired it correctly.

These are all things I'm sure you have already checked/ done correctly as you seem more than competent, but just spit balling for the sake of internet diagnosis.

I'm sure you've checked this, but just in case, is the volume up and/or is there a mute button that might have been on?

If you use an external power source to get your speakers to work, but nothing with factory wiring, wouldn't that suggest that you're not getting power at one of the radio inputs/ amp inputs.

I'm no audio expert by any means but from what I remember about re-doing the system in my 96. You need constant power, switched power to the head unit and then a signal from the head unit to the amp. That one should be a blue wire.

Is your truck 24v? ( I know nothing about the HDJs) is that a possibility? Or when I first put my radio in, instead of hooking up to the blue wire for amp turn on from the head unit harness, I used the Blue with white stripe which is for a power antenna. I never got any sound out of my radio until I wired it correctly.

These are all things I'm sure you have already checked/ done correctly as you seem more than competent, but just spit balling for the sake of internet diagnosis.
The deck works. I can get sound out to the subwoofer. It's wired correctly.

I'm sure you've checked this, but just in case, is the volume up and/or is there a mute button that might have been on?
I can get sound out to th subwoofer and change volume

I spent some time on the phone with crutchfield. The decks defective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom