No more DRL after changing high beam bulbs to LED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OEMGUY0720

Der liebe Gott steckt im detail
SILVER Star
Threads
I recently took out my high beam halogen Sylvana headlight bulbs for an LED bulb:
530A4AA5-B8BA-468C-B5F1-105E97DCF2F4.jpeg

I noticed the DRL disappeared. How can I put back the DRL? Wiring? Change to a different LED bulb?

Would appreciate for someone who encountered this and what was your solution for this. Thanks in advance.

2006 Lx470

DRL on the 100 is just a voltage drop on the highs. You cannot run most leds. Some will accept a finished voltage drop but it will be unreliable.

side note, the bulbs you bought are likely going to blind people. Run good quality halogens -or- don’t be cheap and get a good led replacement that actually designed to function in halogen housing. I’ve had goodperformance with the hikari ultras.

Last edited:
High beam on the 100 is just a voltage drop on the highs. You cannot run most leds. Some will accept a finished voltage drop but it will be unreliable.

side note, the bulbs you bought are likely going to blind people. Run good quality halogens -or- don’t be cheap and get a good led replacement that actually designed to function in halogen housing. I’ve had goodperformance with the hikari ultras.

At least they’re in a high beam and hopefully only used when people aren’t around.

At least they’re in a high beam and hopefully only used when people aren’t around.

truth. I’m also assuming the op put them in the low beam as well.

Not many things more irritating/dangerous the poorly aimed headlights and cheap led replacements in halogen housing.

truth. I’m also assuming the op put them in the low beam as well.

Not many things more irritating/dangerous the poorly aimed headlights and cheap led replacements in halogen housing.

Why I have an hid projector retrofit.

nice! On my list of things to do.

Why not do the same for the highs?

Can, just more work, but my Tacoma is a single high/low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom