No longer print FSM for LX 450 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got off the phone with Toyota, got the number from C Dan. They told me they no longer have printed FSM on the 97 LX 450. Has anyone got one recently?? I have a Mac and havent tried to download. But I really want a hard copy. Any other ideas??

I've been searching eBay.

There was a 97 Land Cruiser manual that just sold for over $100 a few days ago.

1997 or 1996 Land Cruiser/LX450. Should be close enough. Keep an eye on Ebay too.

I failed to ask if they still had the TLC version. That might be the only option. Im getting an electrical manual for the LX, already.

I failed to ask if they still had the TLC version. That might be the only option. Im getting an electrical manual for the LX, already.

If you have the electrical manual, there should be practically zero difference mechanically between the same year Land Cruiser and LX450.

Others will likely chime in on this.

I ordered mine a couple of months ago. They told me the same thing. So I ordered the one for the 96 LX450. They should be close enough.
J

Try abeboooks.com. I got my 1988 4runner fsm from them. All three volumes (88 the vzn v6 stuff, first year, was in a seperate volume) for like $60 shipped. I got my pickup and FJ80 manuals off of ebay. When I was searching for the 4runner set I searched several more online book stores, I will try and find them for u as well.

I ordered a 97 TLC. Ive got the electric manual coming. C Dan said the biggest differences are electrical. Plus I can get the download on a friends PC. But I really like having something to take by the truck. It ends up being $100 with CA tax and shipping too.

I ordered a 97 TLC. Ive got the electric manual coming. C Dan said the biggest differences are electrical. Plus I can get the download on a friends PC. But I really like having something to take by the truck. It ends up being $100 with CA tax and shipping too.

Just get the 97 TLC if you can. You can get the electric diagram separately. I saw someone selling the electric diagram for LX on ebay from time to time.

So are the Toyota Land Cruiser fsm going out of print? I want to get electrical and transmission manuals before they are gone.

If anyone needs a 93-94LC FSM/EWD electronic version let me know I may be able to help you

97 LC FSM with Electrical Book Too

I ordered both about 4 months ago and had no problems getting from local Toyota dealer in California. Could also check the 2 private distributors , they might have some still in inventory (GST and SET)

The person I spoke with couldn't confirm, but I think they are no longer printing the LX ones. Makes sense since it is almost a duplicate of the TLC. I would imagine they will continue with the TLC since you can still get much older FJ ones as well. And we have this forum...We don't need no stinking Service Manuals!!!!

If you have the electrical manual, there should be practically zero difference mechanically between the same year Land Cruiser and LX450.

Others will likely chime in on this.

IIRC the wiring color schemes are different from the LC and LX.

They still have the electrical manual. Which again makes me believe they are just getting rid of FSM so as not to continue printing 2 barely different manuals. Purely for cost I imagine.

I ordered mine a couple of months ago. They told me the same thing. So I ordered the one for the 96 LX450. They should be close enough.
J

X2, '96 & '97 are the same truck.

And we have this forum...We don't need no stinking Service Manuals!!!!

This forum is a fine supplement, but is not a replacement for a Factory Service Manual...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom