No Heater (Blower) Fan at all (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and searched, a lot of stuff about the resistor.

My '97 LX450 suddenly lost all fan settings.

Symptoms:
- the recirculation button is inoperable, it does not light up at all
- The vent selection buttons work and I can hear them changing position (i.e. floor, vent, defrost)
- The water control valve on the firewall is stuck on cold (I can manual move it if I disconnect the cable)
- floor heater fan works and has heat (when water valve is manually moved see above)
- the resistor is not getting any power, so I think it's a fuse or the relay.

Question:
- Where is the blower relay, if in the drivers kick then which one?
- Where is the fuse for the blower motor?

I think it is, after some more searching I found that the blower takes the min power form the big xxA fuse under the hood and the relay is controlled by the smaller 10A fuse in the drivers location. Both are good. There are a few "HTR" relays. No.1 and No.2 are on the blower motor itself. There is also a cube relay labeled "HTR" in the drivers kick panel.

I found this post after some more searching.

I think it is, after some more searching I found that the blower takes the min power form the big xxA fuse under the hood and the relay is controlled by the smaller 10A fuse in the drivers location. Both are good. There are a few "HTR" relays. No.1 and No.2 are on the blower motor itself. There is also a cube relay labeled "HTR" in the drivers kick panel.

I found this post after some more searching.

I've got the exact same problem. How did you finally resolve this issue ???
Thanks!
GringoBob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom