Intermittent Blower (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anybody had a heater blower that runs then not? I can be driving along, and it just shuts off. I have replaced the blower, and removed the dash controls, cleaned inside the best I could. The buttons all have nice crisp snaps, between speeds, and redirecting air flow.

Blower off/on does not seem to be linked to rough road or other driving conditions. Seems a little more likely to start, if turned on when the rig is started, but really no consistent condition to start or stop

Chances are good it’s your resistor very common issue with the 80’s. It usually shows the symptoms of only high or low settings working nothing in between when it going out.

Has anybody had a heater blower that runs then not? I can be driving along, and it just shuts off. I have replaced the blower, and removed the dash controls, cleaned inside the best I could. The buttons all have nice crisp snaps, between speeds, and redirecting air flow.

Blower off/on does not seem to be linked to rough road or other driving conditions. Seems a little more likely to start, if turned on when the rig is started, but really no consistent condition to start or stop
Normally I would agree that the resistor could be faulty, but there is a big caveat to this concern…. You don’t by chance have an auto button in your climate control head? If you do then you could be in a world of issues with no potential fix.

Also if you lose your blower when you turn the speed to high your blower relay is most likely bad. That relay control high speed and went bad on my 96. My 80 does not have the auto climate button.

I’ve got all the speeds on my blower when it decides ….. to blow. So don’t think the resister is the problem

No climate control in my ‘93

Still a puzzle. If rough roads seemed to affect it, I’d say it was jiggling a loose wire connection. But it can go off, while we are just sitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom