Nissan diagnoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. It has a PCV in the valve cover that goes to a rail on the intake that runs to each intake runner. That explains why killing one cylinder at a time had no effect on the smoke.

The engine air intake comes off of the air tube between the air box and the throttle body and runs to the opposite side of the valve cover.

so probably like you said there is some internal clodge from crank case to valve cover, maybe the new head gasket is flipped backwards or upside down or the pcv upside down?

PabloCruise said:
Don't those things leak at the valve cover gasket pretty easily?

I am wondering if that plays in at all???

possible old hard grommet. when the motor twists under revs it opens a gap and breaks the seal.

I had a 16v gti that idled fine, but when you floored it the air intake hose would stretch and open a hole, flood the engine with too much air and it would bog down. It took me forever to find that crack letting air in.

I think I've found it.

a rubber seal between the valve cover and the head got very hard and old and let the PCV suck in oil under high vacuum.

It's a tiny little seal that comes with the V/C gasket.

As much as it pisses me off that I did the head gasket based on the shop's diagnoses, the PO junked her car because of it.

Almost every place I looked or asked said head gasket or cracked head automatically. I came within a few minutes of pulling the head again myself.

Gumby said:
I think I've found it.

a rubber seal between the valve cover and the head got very hard and old and let the PCV suck in oil under high vacuum.

It's a tiny little seal that comes with the V/C gasket.

As much as it pisses me off that I did the head gasket based on the shop's diagnoses, the PO junked her car because of it.

Almost every place I looked or asked said head gasket or cracked head automatically. I came within a few minutes of pulling the head again myself.

sell it back to the po ;p

that would be the good karma thing to do.

I'd still have to charge for the HG it didn't need, as well as the water pump that it did, and at least a couple of hours of diag time for the PCV system.

If she didn't want to pay the shop to do the work, I'm not sure she'd want to pay me.

It's her choice - give her the chance! She might really want her vehicle back.

You deserve to get paid (either via cash or with a 95 Nizzan 200SX).

Rocky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom