Next Gen Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 200's looks never grew on me, personally.
The 100 is ok, depends on mods.
The 80's looks grew on me.
Always liked the 40s, 55s, 60s and all HD 70s.

But I prefer rugged, squared off, bodies and simple electronics.
Just my opinion.

I aagree with you...especially about post-modification improvement at least partially due to squaring off the 200’s overly rounded form via bumpers, etc. But it’s basic form certainly doesn’t strike me as hideous—like it did in ‘07.

My best guess. Toyota will follow Mercedes recipe on the new g wagen... squared off brutish looks with ultimate luxury inside

My best guess. Toyota will follow Mercedes recipe on the new g wagen... squared off brutish looks with ultimate luxury inside

Personally I think the G wagon looks dorky and ridiculous. Like a jeeep that’s been hoity-toityized....

But far worse is the Rolls Royce SUV...

Just imagine breaking down in the boonies and trying to find parts for this thing...

E379D75A-7382-4D44-A382-13099542BA95.jpeg

Last edited:
I appreciate all series of Land Cruisers. Some have more favor in my eyes but we are very partial to the 2016+ 200-series and ultimately it's what momma wants so that's what it's gonna be lol.

I have the Power Wagon listed with a few very serious buyers, looks like it might be sold in the coming days. Once that happens we can start our search for the 200 to replace it.

I agree. I drove a 60 for almost 15 years then went through an Audi wagon/sports car phase. Then I wanted to go back to a cruiser waiting on the 200. But I hated the look of the 200 when it came out, mainly because I had a hard time telling the difference between it and a highlander. Not that There is anything wrong with a highlander it’s just not an ORV like the cruiser and to me at the time the cruiser looked like a mall/ soccer shuttle. Fast forward to 2014 and I bought my LX570.

I'm a big fan of the current 200, but I agree there is a common design language that's evident in the Highlander.

That's concerning to me because they've just shown the Highlander redesign: All-new 2020 Toyota Highlander hybrid improves fuel efficiency

Could you imagine if there continues to be a common design language between this monstrosity and the new LC? *shudder*

I welcome the idea of a torquey, more efficient TT-V6 with a 10-speed.

It'll be interesting how many parts are shared with the Tundra this next time around, especially since the Tundra and Tacoma are moving to a shared platform, so there might be more parts shared between the 2 than just the frame. I also hope they adopt Lexus' move to using more high-strength steel and aluminum to try to cut weight where possible.

In the meantime, here's another artist rendering from Japanese magainze Best Car. I don't see it going this route since Toyota knows many customers replace the front bumper, but maybe something like this with a smaller grill opening.

2021-toyota-landcruiser-001.jpg

The percentage of landcruiser owners ditching their factory bumper for armor = roughly zero. At least as far as toyota is concerned.

All my opinion, of course. But I can’t see that being a significant factor in Toyota’s design decisions.

Personally I think the G wagon looks dorky and ridiculous. Like a jeeep that’s been hoity-toityized....

But far worse is the Rolls Royce SUV...

Just imagine breaking down in the boonies and trying to find parts for this thing...

View attachment 1866446
You call for your private helicopter on your satellite phone and have your assistant get hold of the Rolls-Royce dealer and have them pick up your car and fix it 😳

I welcome the idea of a torquey, more efficient TT-V6 with a 10-speed.

It'll be interesting how many parts are shared with the Tundra this next time around, especially since the Tundra and Tacoma are moving to a shared platform, so there might be more parts shared between the 2 than just the frame. I also hope they adopt Lexus' move to using more high-strength steel and aluminum to try to cut weight where possible.

In the meantime, here's another artist rendering from Japanese magainze Best Car. I don't see it going this route since Toyota knows many customers replace the front bumper, but maybe something like this with a smaller grill opening.

2021-toyota-landcruiser-001.jpg
Isn’t that the new Highlander 😂

Japanese are silent, they treat like top secret confidential, I'm sure the 300 series has been in the works for quite some time perfecting it for the next decade.

Just be patient or get the beautiful 200 series in the meantime.
Agreed! As long its made in JAPAN and not by dumbestic/ factory idiots...I am in. thank you!

Id be happy to see something made in the US. If Toyota can manufacture a high quality 200 in China they can build anything in the US.
Why would you think they can build a high-quality reliability 200 series in China have you ever seen one driven one I doubt they are as good as the ones made in Japan just like comparing vehicles made in the United States to ones manufactured in Japan JMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom