Next big expedition (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The ledger system Jeff talks about worked quite well for us on the Colorado trip last year. Didn't have to worry about who paid for what, or hen, or whatever. Best thing about when it was all over was that Mitch had to send checks to most everyone! Honestly though it seemed to avoid any monetary hassles and didn't appear to be too difficult for Jeff to manage. We pretty much got a daily update from him every morning. I highly recommend it! Good stuff!

The ledger system Jeff talks about worked quite well for us on the Colorado trip last year. Didn't have to worry about who paid for what, or hen, or whatever. Best thing about when it was all over was that Mitch had to send checks to most everyone! Honestly though it seemed to avoid any monetary hassles and didn't appear to be too difficult for Jeff to manage. We pretty much got a daily update from him every morning. I highly recommend it! Good stuff!

I assumed the ledger system was a done deal...

Would a non-freestanding tent be a mistake on this trip? I am inclined to think that it would be a mistake with all of the rock.
Well, I'll bring a swag which can't really be staked down either

I found a GPS track on an ATV site, it looks legit/accurate (* note: placeholder for discussion on a trail/road not to be mentioned by name).
RM Rides: UTV Adventure Ride Series – “Hole-in-the-Rock East”

Von Hayek said:
"Would a non-freestanding tent be a mistake on this trip? I am inclined to think that it would be a mistake with all of the rock."

This track and the 'homework' video suggest there are good sandy campsites for ground tents.

Is everyone good with meeting in Moab on Thursday evening 11/1?

Greg and I are the only ones shipping trucks, and we both arrive in SLC before 11am on Thursday. If we can meet in Moab Thursday night, we can have a much nicer more scenic run into the HiTR trailhead on Friday.

How are you getting from SLC to Moab? Jeff and I are getting into SLC around the same time you and Greg are and I believe the plan is for Steve and Mitch to pick us up.

How are you getting from SLC to Moab? Jeff and I are getting into SLC around the same time you and Greg are and I believe the plan is for Steve and Mitch to pick us up.
The plan for us is to leave VA on Monday. That will give us 3 days to make it to SL.

Just finished replacing the pinion seal on my rear diff. Had a slow leak that bothered me...will see how it does.

Bob you and Jeff can ride with me and Greg down to Moab if that saves those guys driving up to SLC.

The only reason we planned on going to SLC was to pick them up so it fine by me. We do need to pick a spot at some point and make a plan. Bart has us mapped out with hotels and day to day goals so he needs to chime in but sounds good

I need to check with Rob too. If he is joining us on the front end of the trip, he will also be going from SLC to Moab around the same timeframe. Crusha and Fireball are your shipped trucks arriving in SLC or Moab? I’m dropping my stuff off at Mitch’s next weekend so I guess it’s game on now.

Crusha and I are arriving in slc via plane around 10-1030am Thursday.

Our trucks should arrive in SLC a few days before we do.

@mryanangel and his truck are already in SLc and will be joining the crew for the first few days, HiTR portion of the trip.

we had talked about bringing two camp stoves as not to repeat each other as much as we can but does anyone have some big ass cookware ?? if we are making meals for a bunch we need big pots ???

I have been routing out a few tracks that will take us along the scenic route from Moab to HITR. We all meet in Moab on Thursday afternoon and hit the trail...we don't need to go far down Kane Creek Canyon to find a good campsite.

Highlights:
  • Kane Creek Canyon (Camp Thursday 11/1)
  • Hamburger Hill
  • Lockhart Basin
  • Canyonlands
  • Super Secret BLM Campsite (Friday 11/2)
  • Butler Wash
  • Up over Bears Ears
  • Camp at Halls Crossing Saturday 11/3
  • Down HITR Sunday 11/4
  • Up HITR Monday 11/5 and back to Moab via blacktop.
I have routed out re-fueling options along the way in Monticello, Blanding and Halls Crossing.

Screenshot_20181007-010036_Gaia GPS.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom