News! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

stevebradford

In the shop
Threads
Would a thread for generic news be useful?

Like road closures, good deals, forestry gate openings, ministry of transportation changes and everything important to cruisering.

Canadian tire has rotella 15w40 on special for 67.99
63716BCE-412C-41B2-B299-6A42A67CDCCC.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 1836093
Cars and trucks sold in B.C. by 2040 will be zero emission: government

Won’t be long before us with old diesel trucks are getting carbon taxed off the road.

How about the equivalent tax/ demand for zero emission on every airplane in the sky for everyone who flies thousands of miles wasting
hundreds of thousands of burning jet fuel in the stratosphere in the single most damaging part of the atmosphere,
----- just to sit on a beach.

How about the equivalent tax/ demand for zero emission on every airplane in the sky for everyone who flies thousands of miles wasting
hundreds of thousands of burning jet fuel in the stratosphere in the single most damaging part of the atmosphere,
----- just to sit on a beach.

Or for the container ships burning dirty bunker oil bringing us millions of tons of crap product that gets thrown into the garbage within the year.

All that said, I have been looking at the nissan leafs for a city run about. They used to be quite cheap out of the US. Gone up in price now though I've noticed.

I agree, they seem to be ignoring some of the biggest sources of pollution... and big industries just move off shore where they don’t have to worry about regulations.

Not to mention the environmental impact of building and powering zero emissions vehicles... not saying we shouldn’t do anything.

We’ll likely have many years before it becomes a real problem... but eventually we’ll either have to park them or convert to electric. The increased electric demand won’t come without a price.

I’m somewhat skeptical that legislation won’t be rolled back... but it’s a sign of the direction things are going.

I’d be game to convert my 40 to electric... as more electric cars are on the road the availablity of parts should improve. I’d want to have lots of range... perhaps with optional battery packs that I could leave behind for shorter trips, but that could be used when more range is needed.

I suppose the alternative would be an engine swap and waste vegetable oil... and stock pile it for the end of the world.

Hopefully before 2040, I’ll be able to retire to the farm and live off grid. Solar & Electric would be the way to go... with almost no reliance on oil companies.

Last edited:
Or for the container ships burning dirty bunker oil bringing us millions of tons of crap product that gets thrown into the garbage within the year.

All that said, I have been looking at the nissan leafs for a city run about. They used to be quite cheap out of the US. Gone up in price now though I've noticed.

There actually is some good news in the world of the shipping industry coming up. There is a new canadian mandate coming into effect in the new year for all vessels In Canadian waters to burn diesel fuel instead of this nasty IFO380 (aka Heavy Fuel Oil, Bunker oil). Its going to be a significant reduction of all the sulphur and nitrogen oxides the shipping industry burns into the atmosphere!

Lol beat me to it i was gonna post the CT oil also

^^I can't endorse it, but did you see the $296 winch right above it? Wowsers!

^^I can't endorse it, but did you see the $296 winch right above it? Wowsers!
With 65’ of cable. Have to wonder how many 10k pulls it would survive or if it’s designed to be fit alongside rigs with M/T (Mall Terain) tires.

After study of GAS BUDDY, Nanaimo is getting ripped on fuel.
PETRO CANADA @ Terminal Park mall is $1.23/9 per litre now. ONLY place that cheap,
average is much higher. Even Victoria is cheaper than Nanaimo

Could you please delete this posting. I'm glad I'm away, before I get some other crazy damned idea in my head!!
Someone buy this, come on. Lets see some crazy! @Behemoth60 these were made for you

I never knew they made such a thing. Would be neat to see an example of a full build with the aluminum tub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom