newbie questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a landcruiser,most likely it would be a mid to late 80's japan model bj74 or a hj61 turbo diesel,5spd,PTO,full floaters,diff locks,a/c,etc,etc.
My questions are for parts,can I get them at the dealer,other toyota's or am I stuck when I blow out a 24v alternator or glow plugs.
What are the specs of these models.
Anyone deal with Mustang Connection in Armstrong BC Canada.
Thanks
Kevin

You can get what you need, just need to look a bit longer. Most of what you need will be avail in CA as there are many BJ/HJ 60/70 series there. Maybe not a lot but there are enought hat you can find parts. Getting parts out of Australia is easy and shipping is not bad.

If you dont get the parts dealers names here try the ultimate landcruiser bulletin board . There is a lot of your fellow countrymen there. Good luck with those specs .

[quote author=peepers link=board=1;threadid=3925;start=0#msg29115 date=1059402779]
www.birfiled.com

click on LCML, sign up and be prepared for a full inbox :D
[/quote]

if you use that link your mailbox will be empty :D

try this
www.birfield.com/

[quote author=newbie1 link=board=1;threadid=3925;start=0#msg28755 date=1059110220]
I am looking for a landcruiser,most likely it would be a mid to late 80's japan model bj74 or a hj61 turbo diesel,5spd,PTO,full floaters,diff locks,a/c,etc,etc.
My questions are for parts,can I get them at the dealer,other toyota's or am I stuck when I blow out a 24v alternator or glow plugs.
What are the specs of these models.
Anyone deal with Mustang Connection in Armstrong BC Canada.
Thanks
Kevin
[/quote]

cool rigs, lots of em are coming into canada from Japan in MINT shape, do to the 15 year vrs 25 year import in the US, only problem is thry are all right hand drive :( If it were me I would get an auto trany, it can't be easy learing how to shift with your left hand. Gonna be REAL hard to reg in the US, so if you have a buddy in Canada thats gonna be the ticket, make him the legal owner and you just drive it......no clue if you can get it insured in the US if you do this. Might be some other ways to reg/title in the US......but it's gonna be dark gray.....if you care ;) I'm gonna have to get me one of them someday.

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=3925;start=0#msg29171 date=1059420842]
cool rigs, lots of em are coming into canada from Japan in MINT shape, do to the 15 year vrs 25 year import in the US, only problem is thry are all right hand drive :( If it were me I would get an auto trany, it can't be easy learing how to shift with your left hand. Gonna be REAL hard to reg in the US, so if you have a buddy in Canada thats gonna be the ticket, make him the legal owner and you just drive it......no clue if you can get it insured in the US if you do this. Might be some other ways to reg/title in the US......but it's gonna be dark gray.....if you care ;) I'm gonna have to get me one of them someday.
[/quote]

Great I live in canada.I am going with a 5spd because ther alot of fun(Just drove my buds righthand drive 130 hp mini cooper)

Sorry Newbie no website. Anything you were interested in particular?
If your after shots of mwb cruisers try http://tufftoys.net/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom