New Years snow run? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Snow run- Mischief in Magdalena...
To be sure there have been worse and not as bad as at could have been, I would be lying to say I wasn't quietly puckered.
Grant- outstanding trailbossmanship, winching goodness and Scouty dog hair loves.
Steve- Crackling radio "Stop, don't move." advice, video and goofball grins.
John- Perilous rock-face-scrable install for snatch-block, brake-gas coaching and human back up camera.

IMG_1529.jpeg

IMG_1528.jpeg

IMG_0400(1).jpeg

To be sure there have been worse and not as bad as at could have been, I would be lying to say I wasn't quietly puckered.
Grant- outstanding trailbossmanship, winching goodness and Scouty dog hair loves.
John- Perilous rock-face-scrable install for snatch-block, brake-gas coaching and human back up camera.

View attachment 2545198
View attachment 2545207
View attachment 2545211
That was a fun day @demoj and a good spot for a learning moment that you handled well. I'm glad it didn't all go to 💩💩💩

Oh no, not at all.
Are you referring to the higher quality leather and wood trim or the more complicated suspension?

Are you referring to the higher quality leather and wood trim or the more complicated comfortable and capable suspension?
Fixed it for you

Are you referring to the higher quality leather and wood trim or the more complicated suspension?

Better suspension, ( for those of us that aren't scared), limited slip rear, better sound deadening (better insulated), heated seats, climate control, power driver and pass seats, pretty kickass sound system, rear heat and ac, power tilt and telescope steering, and you get lots of city kids asking you "Is that really a Lexus?"

View attachment 2545198
View attachment 2545207
View attachment 2545211

Glad to know that it didn't turn into a huge mess.

It seems like every time I don't listen to that voice telling me to stop I get into trouble.

Last edited:
My
Better suspension, ( for those of us that aren't scared), limited slip rear, better sound deadening (better insulated), heated seats, climate control, power driver and pass seats, pretty kickass sound system, rear heat and ac, power tilt and telescope steering, and you get lots of city kids asking you "Is that really a Lexus?"
My '99 LC came from the factory with:
Electric locking rear differential
Sound deadening - No idea how it compares so maybe I'll give you a point for this
Heated front seats
Auto and manual climate control with controls separated from the radio and there is no crappy GPS/touchscreen. That's a point for me
Power driver and passenger front seats
Standard sound system. I'm too old to care about the sound system so I'm not giving you a point for that
Rear heat and A/C
Manual tilt but no telescope (I'm giving myself a point for two less motors to break)
I could switch out my badges to make people think it's a Lexus. Nobody seems to be impressed with the gold plate on my Toyota emblems though.

Seems like a wash to me.

Glad to know that it didn't turn into a huge mess.

It seems like every time I don't listen to that voice telling me to stop I get into trouble.

I tell my shop students- "Yeah, that little voice you hear... that is the hospital calling, so pick up." Luckily, my little voice was Lurch on 146.460kHz.

My

My '99 LC came from the factory with:
Electric locking rear differential
Sound deadening - No idea how it compares so maybe I'll give you a point for this
Heated front seats
Auto and manual climate control with controls separated from the radio and there is no crappy GPS/touchscreen. That's a point for me
Power driver and passenger front seats
Standard sound system. I'm too old to care about the sound system so I'm not giving you a point for that
Rear heat and A/C
Manual tilt but no telescope (I'm giving myself a point for two less motors to break)
I could switch out my badges to make people think it's a Lexus. Nobody seems to be impressed with the gold plate on my Toyota emblems though.

Seems like a wash to me.
AHC is a free lift and a better ride if you don't plan on big lift or extensive mods. While it is more complicated than springs, it is super reliable. And a used LX is cheaper than a used LC. 2 points for the Lexus. I think they both got the annoying touch screens in 2003 (though Lexus had an optional version earlier), so Mauser and I also have the separate HVAC and stereo controls.

the group I rode with on the 2nd driving 31mile RD from espanola, at about 20miles or so in (if I remember right) 1 pick up truck who was #2 in line lost 4wd and a rock crawler jeep broke the frame climbing a simple rock. several of us turned around and headed home after waiting for about 45min. overall it was a good day!

Screenshot_20210107-045948.png

Screenshot_20210107-045911.png

Screenshot_20210107-045922.png

the group I rode with on the 2nd driving 31mile RD from espanola, at about 20miles or so in (if I remember right) 1 pick up truck who was #2 in line lost 4wd and a rock crawler jeep broke the frame climbing a simple rock. several of us turned around and headed home after waiting for about 45min. overall it was a good day!

View attachment 2546267

View attachment 2546268

View attachment 2546270
Jeep CJ's are notorious for weak frames, and most have rust on old frames. Lifting them and adding weight is further stress on those models.
Glad you guys had a good day.

Dang, How many total? At least 9 from the pics...

Dang, How many total? At least 9 from the pics...

15-18 (?) a separate group of 4-5 jeeps caught up to us. they too were subjected to waiting and understandably not happy about the delay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom