New wiring harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I think I am going to be keeping my 85 4runner for the long term and would like to get a new wiring harness. Problem is Toyota doesn't make them anymore. So does anyone know where I could get one made?

I'd look around for an auto electrical place and ask them. You likely will need to pull your current harness so they can copy it. Label everything, photograph and take notes.

It is possible to do it yourself, but the cost of the crimping tools will likely not make it cost effective. Also single quantity prices for the connector bodies is often prohibitive, but you may be able to reuse the originals. Then it is just an issue of getting the terminals. If you want the right wire colors, then that is also likely cost prohibitive. You'll end up buying a 100' spool of Green-Violet for a few foot long wire. I just use white high temperature insulation wire everywhere, and mark the colors with permanent markers. If you do it yourself, replace one wire at a time.

Another option would be something like a Painless Wiring harness. They're not cheap, but a heck of a lot cheaper than having a custom harness made.

Thanks for the 411 guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom