New winch thimble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ElPolloBlanco

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
instagram.com
Hey guys. Long time no see. I’ve been busy as hell the last few years. I was wondering if you guys knew of any shops that could replace a thimble on a cable winchline. I was able to get a M8000 for a of a deal, but it’s got some flaws like a crushed thimble.

It seems like I've heard about a few of those kinds of deals lately. The other MUD member was looking at one that had stripped threads and a bent motor armature, but decided it wasn't worth the trouble.
That said, you can get replacement parts here WARN Winch Repair Parts, parts for WARN winches: WinchServiceParts.com
Or get the part number from that site, and order it from 4WP.

It seems like I've heard about a few of those kinds of deals lately. The other MUD member was looking at one that had stripped threads and a bent motor armature, but decided it wasn't worth the trouble.
That said, you can get replacement parts here WARN Winch Repair Parts, parts for WARN winches: WinchServiceParts.com
Or get the part number from that site, and order it from 4WP.

The winch works 5.0. No issue there. Needed to get mounting hardware and a fairlead. The problem is the thimble in the cable looks like a bolder fell on it. I’m debating just removing it. What’s the biggest harm in doing so?

Okay, I misunderstood which part you were talking about. Probably need to check the Winching and Recovery area. I would bet the experts will tell you just to replace the cable, as you don't know how badly it's been mistreated.

I just pulled the thimble out. It was crushed to the point the pin for the hook couldn’t move freely. It’s just a wire hoop now. I’ve seen the Molly Hogan trick on the trail when we had a winch line snap outside of Red Lake on the coyote trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom