New (Used-13) 200 here. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post -- introduction:

I've been wanting a crusher for quite some time and have seriously considered them over the years. Having owned cars from pretty much every major manufacturer over the last ten years, I finally got the 'real' bug to go buy one. Problem is: I wanted used and there are very few used 200s available in Colorado. One was available in Boulder but they wanted ridiculous money for a 3-year old truck. Enter: national search for a fly-and-buy. My only requirements were: not red and in great shape.

I found a used '13 black on black with 37K miles on it at an Audi dealer in Chicago. After talking to the GM, I put a deposit on it and called a Chicago buddy to go check it out. After getting good news on it, I bought plane tickets for my wife and me and hopped on a SWA flight to Chicago for a kid-free weekend to pick it up. The salesman picked us up at Midway, drove us to the dealer and wrapped up the paperwork in 10 minutes. (cash deal.) Put 1100 miles on it the first weekend driving it home across IL, IA, NE, and CO...BORING.

It's an amazing truck and it's MINE! (Sorry for the crap partially-shaded photo.)

[photo="medium"]27313[/photo]

Congrats!! Sounds like great customer service at the dealer too.

Congrats. Welcome to the site!

congrats! any plans for it or keeping it stock?

For the moment, yes. However I will most likely do some Slee consultation when the time comes around. Probably next spring/summer. Suspension/lift/tires/wheels to start and then maybe a front/rear bumper replacement. Saw another great black one today near Arapahoe & S. Broadway with a front bumper I hadn't seen before. Looked great!

Congrats!! Sounds like great customer service at the dealer too.

Phenomenal service at the dealer. McGrath Audi in Glenview, IL. I'd recommend Adam (sales) and Dan (finance) anytime!

I had a terrible experience with a local dealer her in the Denver Metro who was supposed to bring in another vehicle from one of their sister dealerships in North Carolina. Turns out after selling the car to me, they'd already sold it to someone else five days earlier. Since they couldn't even bother to check inventory to make sure something was still available before I wrote a check and did all the paperwork, I decided to go elsewhere.

Excellent choice and very nice color. Welcome to MUD and the LC family :)

Congrats! Yes they are hard to find here in CO but at same time they hold their value really well!

Congrats, and welcome to Mud! :flipoff2:

Im gonna guess somewhere between 59k and 62k

I have two friends that both bought their 13's with less than 10k for $60k

Am I right?

That sounds a like a fairly good deal to me too. Congrats!

Congrats! I had a fairly similar story as yours. I found one in Maryland that was a pretty good deal, so I flew up one day, the dealer picked me up at the airport and had all the paperwork ready. An hour later I was out the door driving back home. You're going to love it...I'm in love with mine and I haven't even lifted it yet. :)

58K cash. Felt like I got a reasonably good deal.

ayaws, you probably did well to leave the front range to purchase your 200. I had the time and opportunity with my 80 to do just that, but not the 200 so we bought local.

Considering the 200 is a relatively rare beast I see quite a few around here, but way more LX570's. Enjoy.

Nice. I drove both and came very close to buying the LX. However I decided the LC is better looking and my impression is it drove better. That and I'm not quite to the age where I'm comfortable doing 15-20 under the speed limit in the left-lane with my turn signal on. ;)

I see way more LX-s on the FR than LCs. However I live right on the edge of Cherry Hills so that could be some of it... Believe it or not, a similar age/miles LX was actually cheaper than the LC.

Happy as can be here and getting a serious bug to go visit Slee.

Congratulations. We have same color rig. Ours now has about 13K miles and one year of ownership. It had 12 miles when we drove it off the lot. Enjoy in good health.

You are not the first person to comment on the value retention of the LX vs. LC. I think the super low production numbers of the LC may always keep the 200's priced pretty high, which is good, because it makes the sting of depreciation not hurt so badly.

So -- the first relatively large change -- new tires.

Toyo Opencountry AT2 in a LT285/65/R18. Doesn't seem to be too much in the way of rubbing yet but it's VERY close to the front mud flap and UCA at full lock. Anyone else running that size? Any problems?

I haven't pulled the mud flap off yet but I'm seriously considering doing it carefully before an AT2 does it forcefully. Of course, I'll keep it out of full lock!

I've only put a few miles on them thus far which seems ok. I'm mildly concerned about the increase in unsprung weight and might use this as justification for some suspension changes! ;)

I just bought my 2013 with 13K 2 days ago, will post up when the site allows. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom