New Tundra Guy here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings everybody from Northwestern Virginia!

I've just picked up a new-to-me 2011 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L 4wd Rock Warrior (black inside and out) I've got plans for her, mostly centered around a King/Deavers Mid-Travel suspension and all the associated goodies to make her as unstoppable as a truck her size can be. For tech advice, this is a prime place to be, so here I am.

-Ron

Truck Small.jpg

Thank you, D21FJ60. I'm right outside of Front Royal, just down the street from you.
I'm going to thread jack for a moment. I drove through Front Royal last year. My wife and I ate at a Mexican place on the north side of town. Any way I will get to the point. How would Front Royal be for a weekend get away. We have no kids and like hiking and biking, beer, wine and food.

Congrats on the Tundra, I got mine in Febuary. Its stock and I plan to mostly keep it that way. So I have no advice on the Unstoppable subject.

Thanks

I was born and raised in Falls Church, left 18 years ago when I joined the Coast Guard and moved west. I barley recognize the place when I come home now every 2-3 years.

Nice, I have the same thing going, CM Rock Warrior that got the tow pkg/moonroof adds.

It’s not the 80, but for a fullsize-ish truck I’m happier than the comparable $$$ gets you in the domestic brand 1/2 / light 1/2t trucks.

Aside from how dog hair is like “velcro” on that fabric, no bit*hes about mine some 2.5yrs after buying.

I was wondering if I was just being crazy. I don't think I've ever had such a hard time getting the dog hair out of one of my trucks before!

I was wondering if I was just being crazy. I don't think I've ever had such a hard time getting the dog hair out of one of my trucks before!

Glad someone else thinks it - all my black fabric has entrained dog hair - the back seat, the backside of the front seat he bounces off getting down to the floor to jump out, even the carpet.

I’ve scrubbed with a shopvac / brush end & nothing - packing tape is the only way to get most of it up every few months.
The black/red Rock Warrior / SR5 fabric interior is nice, but I’m going leather at some point just for practicality.

I've been using a rubber glove to scrap it into a pile, then the shop vac in the other hand to get the piles up. Get's most of it. I try not to worry to much, since it only looks nice for a day. Then it gets covered again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom