New to the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, just purchased a 1993 LC with 239k.
I'm having a few issues lol! I did a spark plug and wire change she runs rough at 650rpm (intermittently)she was not doing that before the change. I used ngk wires and oem plugs. I cleaned throttle body and bottle of seafoam in fuel tank.
I also feel my mpg could be at 9 or 10 is that normal?
I have no history on the LC at all.

It threw codes 26 and 27. Where should I go from here?

Also I lost my heat or should I say very weak.
It looks as if the HCV is working. It spins back and forth could it be internally faulty? Could these problems be in twinned? Fan blows strong and AC works.

Also on a bright note I did a 3" eibach lift kit it looks awesome.

I am completely new at this I apologize in advance for dumb qustions.

Resized_IMG_20210228_145005_865.jpeg

After full tank of gas 650rpm rough idle went away truck as of right is running well except for code 71, a full tank of super did the trick.
Iam keeping an eye on coolant. I do not use a DD!

Not sure how 2 handle code 71, input appreciated.
I was able 2get 2 six without discounting any lines.

First welcome. :flipoff2:

Good to hear your making progress, as mentioned get the baseline work sorted before the mods but hey sometimes we get impatient. ;)

It is always good to do any mods/repairs one at a time. If you changed plug leads and plugs and then got a problem you should stick it out looking right where you were working.

Keep a very close eye on the water level and if you do need to top up then make sure the ignition is on and move heater control to hot before filling. Check radiator first and set the level in the expansion tank. Continually topping indicates nothing good, in particular the head gasket.

As mentioned the heater system is part electric, part vacuum and part cable, a rough running engine can be attributed to a leaking vacuum line and this would also tie in with the heater controls not working properly, at present it has to be assumed the low coolant was the cause.

Good luck with the 80.

Regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom