New to the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I just purchased a 1997 LC, and it looks like I’ll have my hands full for a while with maintenance/repairs so you’ll likely be hearing from me often. My first issue is a little bit of water is getting into the vehicle through the rear driver’s door when it rains (I live in Portland, OR so this is a big issue). It appears to be leaking through the speaker box into the car. I’m hoping someone can guide me as to who to contact for weather stripping and which pieces to purchase? I’ve had the car for less than 4 days, so I’m still extremely new. I saw CDAN retired a while ago, is there a new contact? Thanks in advance.

Speaker box in the headliner or low on the rear driver side door panel?

Also welcome!

Thanks! I’m excited about this project but the number of little issues I’m discovering is daunting. The rear driver door panel. I noticed the exterior rubber stripping for the window is misaligned and the window has warped it by the rubber getting stuck above the window when the window is closed, but I’m not sure if that is the cause.

Ehh don't worry about all the things. All the things are just quality time. So the window runner could be the issue. Can you remove the inner panel and speaker, get inside and let someone hit it with a water hose?

Or you can just change the window runner. Rear doors you just role down the window and pull out the old the. Shove the new one down in the door and mash it in the grove at the top...no tools needed. 10 min job

That sounds much easier than expected. I really appreciate the help. Is there a source everyone uses on here for weather stripping/window runners or should I just do my own Google searching? Thanks again!

start here
A How To/ All you need to know about window channel/run replacement

How to change window rubbers

i can't remember where i got mine from. I ordered them all at one time. Maybe someone else will chime in and get you to the best source. this is not usually done for leaks but done to speed up the windows going up and down in cold weather. So to be clear I am not sure this is the fix to your problem.

Do you have a factory roof rack still installed? if so those often rust under the feet of the rack and should be removed and fixed. We all have to do that since they all rust there. Lots of "factory roof rack delete" threads and techniques.

Awesome. Thanks for the sources. I do still have the racks up there. I’ll add that to the ever increasing list of projects! I probably would have never thought to inspect that.

Ok since the rack is there. Run water over the attachment locations on that side of the truck to see if that is were the water is coming in.

Sources for parts:
Rubber parts:
www.partsouq.com (middle east)

Other parts:
www.cruiserteq.com
www.sleeoffroad.com

Hi, Water should drain out the door on the bottom.are the drains clogged ? Mike

Find the clubhouse section on this site and see if there is a club local to you. Could be a good source of local support and they or TLCA may have worked out discounts with some of your local dealerships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom