New To The Forum! 1983 HJ47 Flat Bed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I've been creepin on mud for quite some time, thought it was about time to join & contribute what (little) I can - I'm still quite new to the scene..

Back Story:
On a trip to Hawaii years ago, I saw my first Landcruiser pickup. I knew I had to have one, and found out where most were hiding. I spent a few years working toward the goal, and this last year picked up and moved to Australia. I began bartending and saving every Aussie dollar I earned to get the perfect Ute. After looking through countless gumtree ads and traveling all over Oz, I found the one. Bought it from a landscaper in Adelaide and drove back to Melbourne, where I was living. After cruising a few more cities up the coast, I shipped it home. Now, it lives with me in Sacramento, Ca where I've been driving it around town up until recently. Its now time for a few upgrades..

The Rig:
1983 HJ47 Tray Back/Flat Bed/Ute/Pickup
4.0 Diesel
5 Speed
Power Steering
Front Disc Brakes
After Market AC

Right now, I've got it up on jack stands, ready to be ripped apart for a lift. I know my options (from creepin this forum) are: SOA, OME 2.5", Small Shackle Lift, or Custom Springs.. I'd like it to be around 4" with 33s.. I'm not a huge wheeler,yet, but will maybe hit trails once in a while..

One of my biggest concerns is what I'm currently running. Are my springs stock? Do these usually have the 2 stage springs in the rear like mine?

These pics are: When I picked it up in Oregon, how I drive it every day, and test fitting the 33s from my Tacoma (they clear with no rubbing at all)

Thanks for the welcomes, I look forward to hangin with yall on iH8MUD
IMG_0289.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG
IMG_0479.PNG
IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

Last edited:
Nice rig mate. It looks very similar to mine and sounds like you also want to freshen it up with a few bits and pieces. Is that 5 speed standard or did someone upgrade it from the 4 speed?

Nice rig mate. It looks very similar to mine and sounds like you also want to freshen it up with a few bits and pieces. Is that 5 speed standard or did someone upgrade it from the 4 speed?
Thanks. Yea, that's exactly it. I believe the 5 speed might have came from a 60 series.

I just realized what rig is yours. You posted it like 45 minutes after me. Crazy. Yea, You have a solid start. Good looking as well

Toyota's plaque under the hood on the firewall wall will tell if it was a four speed or five speed from the factory. Complete model number will tell you if it was a four speed or five. They also list in the trans/axle line further down. Believe they do that since model would only tell you it had a four speed. The other line told which four speed. My guess it will have a K in the model for four speed. And H41 in the other line. Picture floor where the shift cane is would tell if it was from a 40 series or 60 series. LWB 40 series is rare to come from the factory with a five speed.

Good looking truck I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom