New to me FZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,

Left gusset installed.

FZJ73 6-8.16 16.jpg

Right gusset.

FZJ73 6-8.16 18.jpg

The front indicator lenses were faded, so I took the chance to replace them. This is the left lens, part number 81521-60322.

FZJ73 6-8.16 24.jpg

Right lens, part number 81511-60452.

FZJ73 6-8.16 23.jpg

All set up. The bumper bending can be noticed at the left, but it will do for the time being.

FZJ73 6-8.16 25.jpg

Juan

following. My sons just got me a fzj73, it was the red one from a post you commented on earlier this year. Definitely need to learn more about the vehicle!

Hello,

Congratulations on your new truck.

FZJ73s are getting old enough to go to the US. They are fun to drive, great stuff haulers and good project rigs.

Over time I have posted work done on Chance (my 73 Series) in the What did you do on your 70 series today? thread. I put skinny tires on recently.

Some items I repaired/replaced over the years: brake cylinders, steering damper, clutch cylinders, transfer seals, radiator, axle bearings/seals, front rotors/bearings/seals and muffler. I had enough warning time every time I had a problem; before the damage became critical I could either repair it or get Chance to the shop. The latter was especially true for the clutch cylinders.

All these parts/systems begin to fail after 20 years, in my experience, if the truck had a normal life. Beaten trucks experience failures much earlier.

Check for creative repairs done by the PO (or his/her mechanic) and non-factory wiring.

Welcome to the madness.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom