New to Me FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the fst doors back from paint. Next up is a metaltech cage. I need to get that scheduled with Butch.

Those look WAY better than when I set them in your office!!

Last edited:
I see you found vent windows. Should I return the others to storage?
LOL ;)
Nick

I see you found vent windows. Should I return the others to storage?
LOL ;)
Nick

I found the vent windows and weather stripping as a package deal. I guess the other ones can go back in the vault. I am sure some one will need them at some point.

Thanks,
Chad

Finally got the canvass top to fit. Now I have to finish up the doors. Cage is in as well. I plan on driving it this summer as I start reworking the interior.View attachment 893035 View attachment 893035
bikinitop1.jpg

Finally installing the new front seats. Anyone need the old ones? Cheap! As in come get them. The brackets have been modified to work with these seats so they are an easy bolt in.

drivseat.jpg

passeat.jpg

Love the blue paint on your 40. I'm wondering if those seats would fit in my FJ60? with a little work it could probably be managed. If they are still available I would be happy to get them out of your garage!

Thanks, Bill D.

OEM fog lights installed.

I need to get the winch cleaned up now.

Chad
image.jpg

Chad... some dirt is okay.
LOL
Great job!

Thanks Carson.

Nick, I don't mind dirt, just can't stand ugly.

It's nice to have it to a point that I can drive it while I finish all the projects that are left. This past weekend I got to put a few miles on it just running errands.

Got a few more things done. Getting closer to being able to bring it to a meeting.

New front seats with drivers extension and a tuffy console.

New Jump seats.

Found and installed the bits to hold the tool bag and jack.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Installing the switch for the oem fog lights was pretty easy. Coolerman made a harness for them that made it a 1 banana job.

I needed to move the light switch, so I contacted coolerman and had him make me an extension to move the headlight switch to the center of the dash. It was a pain in the ass, but it is done.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Been a while since the sun has shined on this thing.

It was a nice day for a drive.

image.jpg

My almost yearly update.

Finally got the full doors rebuilt with the Euro mirrors added. Thread on how I did that here.
Installing Side Mirrors to Later Model Doors

These doors have the same quick hinges that are on the soft top doors.

Hopefully more updates to come before Roundup. My goal is to drive it there.

DoorExterior.JPG
DoorInterior.JPG

^^^Awesome

So the reason I had to move the headlight switch (pics above), is because I picked up a tach that was made by mopdog here on mud. He really did a great job on these. As close to factory as you can get.

Cutting the hole was not fun with the rollbar in the way.

image.jpeg

One change I made was to make a stud to make installation easier. His original design used small Allen head screws that needed to be put in blindly. I wasn't coordinated enough to get them started. If you ever need to cut the head off a screw, make sure to put a nut on it first. Remove the nut slowly after cutting and it will clean up the threads.

image.jpeg

I am happy with the finished product. Only problem is that now I need to refurbish the gauge panel.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom