New to Me FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got to spend a couple days on the mountain with a family friend celebrating her birthday.

Nice FJ.....I have 2010 TT with manual tranny also. Bought mine new and have loved using it for hunting, hauling my other toys, and just getting around.

So, I have the ubiquitous throwout bearing chirp that seems to plague the MT FJ Cruisers. I'm guessing that I'll be replacing the clutch, TOB, pressure plate, and fly wheel for the UDR parts in the near future. Anyone have experience with this first hand and have anything else to recommend while it's in to have it done (you read that right, it'll go to the shop for this, I'm a little tired of crawling under cars). This won't be happening right away as I have some other stuff to take care of, but within the next couple of months.
On a positive note; I looked up the truck's history on the Toyota Owners site, and found that every single service has been done up until my purchase. It's nice to have a vehicle that was maintained properly.

Congrats!
I almost bought a Magma in OR yesterday, after 2 years of searching. But it was SO modded, I didn't want it once I saw the pics .

Your truck is beautiful. I ended up with a TT 2012 myself. 1 owner, low miles :)

Did the clutch 1500 miles ago using the throwout bearing sleeve kit, aisin pressure plate, Luk clutch disc, and new flywheel. I'm now replacing said clutch as the Luk clutch disk failed (one of those little springs in the clutch is loose). I've gone with the Spec stage 2+ this go around. Hoping to have it back on the road tomorrow.

Clutch is in, SPEC stage 2+ (whatever that means). All clutch noise is gone and the clutch seems to operate nicely (a total of six miles on it, so I don't really have an opinion yet). Now that the clutch noise is gone, I can hear that I have an idler pulley or two going out (common FJ issue from what I've read).
I'll do the belt, idlers (three of them!), and tensioner as soon as the parts get here (ordered today).
clutch.jpg

Thanks for the update and the info on the clutch. My 2008 has been chirping since I got it 6 years ago with 58K on it. Yeah I don't feel like pulling a trans either but the rear main is weepy too.

Thanks for the update and the info on the clutch. My 2008 has been chirping since I got it 6 years ago with 58K on it. Yeah I don't feel like pulling a trans either but the rear main is weepy too.
I have a spare oem clutch/pressure plate/sleeve kit if you're interested. I couldn't get a refund on the disc that failed, but received an entirely new clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom