New to me 2006 lexus gx 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, after lurking on this amazing site for far too long I finally found a gx to call my own. I took some time and looking at many viable options to find the right canvas to start working with. After coming from a background of 3 lifted and tuned Dodge ram diesels (2002,2006,2001) I found myself older and definitely out of the diesel truck craze. I also took a job in which i was given an suv as a company car. So the need for a diesel truck was gone as well.

th_CarliTruck2019[1].jpg

Well after rambling, much apologies my wife and I stepped in Lexus ownership in October of 2017 with the purchase of a RX350 f-sport. Great vehicle, awesome customer service (Lexus of Westport), if anyone is looking in the tri-state area (NY,NJ,CT) go and see Yulissa in sales and Anthony the sales manager. Top notch people who treat everyone like family.

Lexus rx.jpg

I stumbled on Mud a while back when I was looking at Landcruisers. There I found the 120 series forum and I was hooked. I started looking at build threads and very knowledgeable people who went out of the way to help future and present enthusiasts see the potential of their rides. It reminds me so much of Turbo diesel registry when I first hopped on the diesel scene. One thing that was very apparent is this culture was really has a country wide following except possibly the North East metro area. I have never seen a Lifted GX nor drove one in CT. I am sure they are out there....

So after looking and possibly going out west or down south the buy a gx, one became available in CT to my surprise. It is a colorado registered vehicle brought back to CT buy the current owner. The car started in Hawaii! So there is virtually no rust. By far the best one I have seen in the surrounding states that i have looked at.

So today is a tease, just a quick shot. The transfer of ownership is going to be in a couple days and I am looking at a laundry list of upgrades thanks to all of the passionate 120 series owners on MUD

Here is a quick pic from today
Lexus GX.jpeg

More to come when I have a chance to get to know my baby better

Thank you,

Chad

It looks built already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom