NEW TO ME 1998 Landcruiser. :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man! You modded that guy fast! Good call on the wheels, I’m running the steel tundra wheels that I rattle canned.

the guy i purchased my 98 from gave me a brand new set of bushwacker fender flares for the 100 im debating if it will look good or not. i dont trail ride in tight places frequent so im not so concerned about width. what do you guys think? my front left abs sensor keeps acting up so i need to order a module i think .

i cant recommend the WELLS VISORS wind deflectors enough so much more clearance than small ones ive used in the past and all 3M adhesive its solid.

For as nice a color and mods that are on that, I feel sorry for it getting eaten alive by rust
That's how I got it. Doing my best. Going to take the wheels off when the weather's nice and sand and paint the frame. Then get it oiled. I'd like to see a body guy about the small spot on the fender etc

i cant recommend the WELLS VISORS wind deflectors enough so much more clearance than small ones ive used in the past and all 3M adhesive its solid.
Agreed! I have those and the overall fitment and the securing clips are perfect!

After installing the lift after about few weeks there has been a clunking in the front end i noticed i have a torn inner boot. im going to just replace the axle with an aftermarket one thinking of doing both but it may be unnecessary. also since doing the suspension ive had an abs issue codes C0278 open or short in abs motor sylenoid , C0215 left rear abs sensor fault and C1253 hydro boost pump relay fault. im going to buy the left rear sensor to start. thinking of going aftermarket since there like 47$ on amazon and ebay but rock auto has them for 169$ not sure whats the best route to go. i also this week had installed the Borla complete system . i was really worried about to much drone but man when i tell you this Borla exhaust exceeded my expectations well it did perfect sound exactly what i was looking for very suttle but noticeable.

suprised no one commented on this yet but the bumper on the front of your rig is a ARB Deluxe bar. Not Slee.

suprised no one commented on this yet but the bumper on the front of your rig is a ARB Deluxe bar. Not Slee.
purchased through slee

Haven't been up on the computer recently but a lot has changed. well kind of.
So I finally had this exhaust shop put on my Borla Exhaust system on my 98 cruiser and on the way home I could smell burning and the diff light was coming on. I pulled over and realized the shop guys did not clip in the diff harness to the frame crossmember........ well after four visits to the same shop to try to fix they sent me to Toyota and Toyota put in a while new harness , also new abs sensor. while in there I had Toyota rebuild my OEM cv axles and boots. I'm still getting this weird pinging noise on tight slow corners sounds like torsion bars or something not being greased.

Last week I was driving and had the check engine light come on. ran the codes and two cylinders were misfiring and there was a evap leak. and a not specified misfire

I decided I was just going to replace all my plugs and coil packs. I got on Rock auto all new coil packs Denso units for around 450 for all 8 my truck has 193k and didn't know if or when they were replaced before. same as plugs the ones I took out were densos.

truck ran and idled better then ever after all this. for one day. then I was driving up the highway and had a 02 sensor blow out of the exhaust. I had to re tap the 8mm 1.25 bolt as pieces of a old bolt remained. got a new dense sensor just for the hell of it as while I was in there for 70$ and boom.. I think there was a leak in that sensor for a while I just didn't see it. but I could hear it. now she runs better then ever,

I installed JDM astar 1200 lumen reverse lights today. nice cheap mod for $20 bulb quality was impressive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom