New to me 1997 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m picking up a 97 lx450 on Saturday. I’ve only seen it in pictures, videos, and carfax but it checks out. I was in the same situation as you and I’ve been in the market for a few months but nothing near me checked out. (It doesn’t help that anything decent from AZ goes straight to BAT…) I’m gearing up for a 10 hour drive each way to bring her home.

$17,500 for the nosy ones. 250k miles but it has been baselined with all maintenance up to date and gaskets replaced, interior refreshed, and overall condition is a solid 9/10. Stock with center lock switch, not 3x.

View attachment 3090981
Man that is one nice rig. That is the color combo I really wanted but just couldn't find. The color of mine is starting to grow on me though.

Vacuum lines under the hood,at least all you can reach, there are some tricky ones under the intake manifold.
change oil in diffs, transfer case and transmission. I did a full AT flush. Plugs and wires also. PCV valve and hoses.
Thanks for the tip. I never even thought of the vacuum lines! I'll be sure to replace those also.

The black part that goes around the shifter has the wood grain under black . If you like the wood grain you can wipe off the black paint with brush cleaner . Here are a few photo . Also there are little plastic screws that hold the gear bar in place . when the plastic screw come loose it allows the bar to move around inside and it lets the bar move to far back and it doesn't allow the metal bar to stay in close contact with the plastic gears . When I finished adding the metal bars in the plastic gear I put a tiny bit of crazy glue to hold it in place . If the caps don't come out the gears won't strip . I'm willing to bet the cap is on the floor or almost ready to fall out . I added some putty to hold the other side cap in place also . Its been 10 years now and they are still working . I took some photos it probably won't help .
IMGP0760.JPG
IMGP0756.JPG
IMGP0756.JPG
IMGP0757.JPG
IMGP0758.JPG
IMGP0759.JPG
IMGP0760.JPG

The gears were all wore out on mike so I drilled holes all the way through and add stainless steal wire so the metal bar could grab it better . I used some resin in the holes to hold them in place .

IMGP0769.JPG

IMGP0770.JPG

IMGP0771.JPG

IMGP0772.JPG

IMGP0773.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom