New to cruisers and very excited (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, bad news, shop couldn't do my brakes because i've got a bit of a fuel leak. Not major yet, but needs to be done before anything else. So unfortunately, since I just don't have the time, space or funds for this anymore, I'm selling my land cruiser. Gonna be posting it in the next day or two

Sorry to hear. It can sort of be one thing after another with an old vehicle as you catch up on various maintenance items. Mine was the same when I first got it.

Is the fuel leak at your injection pump? Seals do dry up over time on these rotary pumps. Been there myself!

I'm half interested if you do sell it. Where do you plan to post it?

Sorry to hear. It can sort of be one thing after another with an old vehicle as you catch up on various maintenance items. Mine was the same when I first got it.

Is the fuel leak at your injection pump? Seals do dry up over time on these rotary pumps. Been there myself!

I'm half interested if you do sell it. Where do you plan to post it?
I'm not exactly sure where the leak is, but the injection pump is the most likely spot, hard to see exactly where it is. Mainly leaking when it's warming up and getting up to pressure, then a slow drip.

I'll probably post it on here first, Hoping to get $12k for it, or open for trading it for the right thing

Well, bad news, shop couldn't do my brakes because i've got a bit of a fuel leak. Not major yet, but needs to be done before anything else. So unfortunately, since I just don't have the time, space or funds for this anymore, I'm selling my land cruiser. Gonna be posting it in the next day or two
Awww muffin, you give up so easily. Dam millennials, lol. If you can't stop a small leak, your going to have a hard road ahead of you. Don't give up, it takes about an hour to get that pump off. Fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trick to the 3rd blind bolt behind the injector pump is wobble head extensions for you ratchet.

Awww muffin, you give up so easily. Dam millennials, lol. If you can't stop a small leak, your going to have a hard road ahead of you. Don't give up, it takes about an hour to get that pump off. Fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trick to the 3rd blind bolt behind the injector pump is wobble head extensions for you ratchet.
The problem isn't so much the work, it's the money. I have absolutely none right now. Also where I'm living I'm not allowed to do any kind of work on vehicles at all. And my only other vehicle is a half gutted camper van with no passenger seat belt and no other seats, not exactly usable for a family car.

Took me a lot longer, but I did spend a lot of time cleaning up the pump. Pic's here: Resealed my rotary injection pump - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/resealed-my-rotary-injection-pump.826009/

If you take it to a place like Marigold Service in Victoria, expect to pay about $3000-4000. Even though the pumps can easily be fixed with seals, they send it away to a injection shop for full rebuild, which adds huge to the cost.

The problem isn't so much the work, it's the money. I have absolutely none right now. Also where I'm living I'm not allowed to do any kind of work on vehicles at all. And my only other vehicle is a half gutted camper van with no passenger seat belt and no other seats, not exactly usable for a family car.

Sounds like an old cruiser is not the right thing for you at this point in life. Best to cash out while cruisers are worth gold, and get into something more practical. Just making ends meet in this city is not easy, never mind trying to get into a place with space/tools etc.

Sounds like an old cruiser is not the right thing for you at this point in life. Best to cash out while cruisers are worth gold, and get into something more practical. Just making ends meet in this city is not easy, never mind trying to get into a place with space/tools etc.
Yeah thats pretty much exactly where I'm at, I'd love to keep the cruiser and keep working on it, but at the moment i don't have a place to do that and I need a reliable daily driver, and it's what I've got that worth anything to make that happen.

So another update, after looking at cars at every dealership on the island, and every used site, I think I'm actually better off keeping the land cruiser for the time being. Just going to sell my van and buy a cheap daily so I can work on the LC a bit more seriously.

Figure there isn't much point in selling a Land Cruiser with 218k on it if all I'll end up with is enough for a different project truck with equal or higher mileage. Still going to sell eventually, but gonna get myself into a position I can get something new when I sell.

Well, with a heavy heart, the land cruiser is officially for sale, and now as a bit of a project. The rear right caliper that was having issues just went and it started losing fluid. On the up side, i've got replacement rear calipers to go along with it, and the leak on the fuel pump looks like it's coming from the nut on the very top, so might not even need to take the pump out to fix it. but unfortunately I don't have the time, space or money to do the work, and I start a new job this week so I need a reliable car immediately.

It will need to be towed since the brake is leaking, but other than the fuel leak on startup and the rear brakes, it's running great. 219k on it, New fuel filter primer pump, radiator, thermostat as of a year and a half ago, oil change done 2000km ago, new battery last year, and I've got a 30 watt solar panel with a charge controller hooked up to it.

Asking $10,000 for it, or a trade for a reliable family friendly car/SUV/truck

Will be cleaning out the Land Cruiser and posting pictures of it tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom