New TJM bumper installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I just received and installed a TJM T15 aluminum bumper on my '13 200. I ordered it from Any's Autosport because they could get it. My local TJM dealer said the factory wasn't shipping 200 bars into the states any longer but clearly that isn't the case. It did take forever to arrive, but I was warned and it wasn't a problem. The bar came well packaged with all the components ready to install. Very nice quality parts. Installation went well and I'm very pleased with the bar. Here are a couple pics.

...just thought you guys would like to know.

Nice. Just make sure there is at least 1/2 inch gap between the bumper and your panels as you will crush them with any type of contact or sustained offroad use. Love my T13
IMG_4605.JPG

Great to know! I'll check my measurements.

Thnx,
Carl

The bumper is attached to the frame and moves independently of the body. It creates a weird visual on rough roads where your bumper is not moving in alignment with the edge of your hood. = D

Here you go.
IMG_4161.JPG
IMG_5178.JPG

Hey all,

I just received and installed a TJM T15 aluminum bumper on my '13 200. I ordered it from Any's Autosport because they could get it. My local TJM dealer said the factory wasn't shipping 200 bars into the states any longer but clearly that isn't the case. It did take forever to arrive, but I was warned and it wasn't a problem. The bar came well packaged with all the components ready to install. Very nice quality parts. Installation went well and I'm very pleased with the bar. Here are a couple pics.

...just thought you guys would like to know.

If you don't mind, can you post the picture of the front camera view on navigation screen to give us an idea of how view is obstructed by bars on bumper. Thanks

Is the TJM bumper more bulky than the ARB? In front shots it looks to drop lower.

Is the TJM bumper more bulky than the ARB? In front shots it looks to drop lower.

Definitely not, the ARB is substantially bulkier and is the reason I went TJM. I have an ARB rear which I really like and plenty of other ARB products, but for the 200 the TJM was the way to go.

The 2nd picture was a bit distorted, so it looks a bit wonky. Look at the first picture to determine departure angels and how far it sticks out compared to an ARB.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408843837.319173.jpg

I don't have measurements to compare with the TJM, but here's a somewhat similar shot with the ARB. To me it appears the ARB sticks out further, but maybe not quite as low?

...via IH8MUD app

Sorry, I've been away. Here are some more photos including what the front camera "sees"

~ Carl

Looks fantastic!

Carl, you really have to get that gap between your bumper and your panels fixed asap man. Trust me on this, even small bumps will lead to scraping and rubbing noises over time.

Thanks! It's hare to see in the pic but there is a 1/2" space between the bumper and the panel, but I still have to fine tune it. On bumps (pot holes) where the driver's side wheel drops I get a thump. No idea where it's coming from but clearly something needs adjustment. That's my task for the weekend.

Any pointers?

Carl, you really have to get that gap between your bumper and your panels fixed asap man. Trust me on this, even small bumps will lead to scraping and rubbing noises over time.

Once you have got it situated to your liking, make sure to drill the third retaining hole (one per side). You will see where there is a place on the side of the bumper where it connects to the winch mount (between the other two bolts) where you can drill into the winch mount to keep the bumper from sliding over time (the two existing holes are slotted and allow slippage over time).

Sort of awkward to explain but very easy to do... take 5 minutes. Spray the hole with black paint, let it dry, and then put the bolt in.

Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 12.41.34 PM.png

SWEET! Thanks man!

~ Carl

What did you do about the parking sensors on the TJM. I'm thinking about ordering a T3

They give a drilling template. So for I've drilled the pilot holes and run the stock harness. I just need to drill the larger holes and install. Not even sure why I'm bothering, 20 years of parallel parking in NYC and I've never needed them.

What did you do about the parking sensors on the TJM. I'm thinking about ordering a T3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom