New TJM bumper installed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much did the bumper cost after shipping?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on their site.

@cederholm Any idea how much that bumper weighs? I can't find the weight on the net. Is there a winch mount? Is it hiding behind the license plate?

Here's TJMs current catalogue (attached). Part number is 070AP15R82A (page 9, for example). The link to Andy's is TJM Equipped 070AP15D82A: $1,550.60 at Andy's

Attachments

• toyota_-_300pa5toy_-_lr_1705.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 80
Do some reading about Andy's Auto Sport before you order from them. Better to contact TJM directly and see if its in stock then find out if they have a dealer in your area.

yeah, it's not an endorsement of the vendor, just that originator had purchased there. i don't have any affiliation. I am interested in an aluminum 200 bumper, and options seem scarce. It must have winch compatibility.

Query out to my local TJM vendor. Well, 2nd local. 1st local is out of business . . .:frown:

I love the aluminum concept. Definitely a better solution than tupperware for the vast majority of overlanding encounters. Lightness covers a multitude of other sins and often results in a happier owner experience. But there's those few times when immovable objects make contact...

I'd really like to see a review of an aluminum setup after some hard hits.

Was digging around some. Perth Tjm dealer has some excepts upfrom a 2010 bumper review in some Aussie mag. 10 bumpers reviewed. The alloy (now called deluxe by Tjm) won lightest. It also suffered the same damage as the standard weight steel in a simulated Kangaroo collision (they used sand filled barrels). The steel heavy version suffered the least damage. I could make due with the trade off. Tjm is definitely bringing these bumpers into the states, so it is a matter of getting a dealer on the horn. Also it is probably $500 or more than the Ironman standard steel over at metaltech. The weight of aluminum plus winch is about the same as steel no winch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom