New sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you doing the assembly yourself? If so, what type of design are you going to use?

Anyways, it looks like a fun project. Good luck. :D

Design stolen directly and shamelessly from Pismo Jim Brantley.

I was hoping to start on it this week, but it looks like it might be a couple as I really want to get the 40 on the road.

It's actually all wired up and plumbed for the FI and sitting on the springs. I have to finish building the rear hangers, tighten everything up and put the 35s back on and the 80 coil conversion is done.

Looks pretty bootie fab right now, but give me till the weekend and it'll be stylin' 8) :beer:

It sounds to me like you are to use Hanna Quality style sliders on a 40 series.  Is this correct?   ???

I really do like the coil conversion, but that last post just seems a bit out of place.

No. I'm going to start on my 80 sliders that are just like Jim Brantley's once I get done with my 80 series spring conversion on my 40.
The post was kind of out of place, but I just got done working on it for the day and took a pic.
I don't know about Hanna Quality sliders. if the 40 needs sliders, it'll get angle iron ones.

Todd,

Jim's sliders were built by Ken Hanna. Hanna Quality. Rogue has a set as do I. They are very nice. Especially the 15 odd pieces of armor puzzle that make up the skid cradle that surrounds the cats..... :beer:

Ahhhh. Thanks for the clarification.

The HQ sliders are more a work of art than anything else. The skidplate is an absolute beauty.

You chose a good design. :bow:

Cool Gumby! Post pics on your progress. I want to see how they come out. :D

Gum,

Can't remember with the 95, are your cats inline on the ps or parallel on the ds?

Reason I ask is when you're done with the sliders, you may want to weld some tube under them like in the below. I don't dig all the "skid plates" others have built - cause all it does is plant corn and build up heat :flipoff2:.

1.jpg

Gee, in the pic of the 40, I just can't figure out what's missing. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Yeah, holds up pretty well too :flipoff2:
Mike_0136_1.jpg

Damn... the lightbuld.... knew I missed something. Oh wait, DUDE, you posted twice in a row - that's Wenchesque :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
smilie_mistgabel01.gif
:D

Sure is..... :stupid: (got me another post 8))

Hey no picking on the repeat posters we got to get our stars somehow! at any rate has anyone tried to do the scolarro type sliders on a 91-92 model? Just curious what I would have to add to the design due to the retarded cats on my vehicle.
Dave :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom