New rims are unavailable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, new to the forum but will post an intro later.
The new to me 1999 100 series I just got has 315/75/16s on it (has the 2.5 OME). The rims are factory that have a bad plasti dip job on them and the tires need to be replaced. I went to the local Discount Tire and they don't sell any after market 16" rims for the LC? I want some black aluminum or steel rims when I buy new tires but apparently there isn't any? What are my options would do a 17" but they said they only had three in that size to choose from and they were ugly. Don't want to go bigger than a 17" rim. Anyone out there found a solution for this.

You might be better off re-finishing the rims you have. 16" and 17" aftermarket rims in the 5x150 size are rare. 18"opens up more options.

Yeah it may come to that, 18" tires fetch a higher price so not wanting to go that route.

I see a lot of people going to the Tundra "take off" rims does the back spacing on these work on the LC as well? Is there certain year Tundra rims to look for?

You could have your current wheels media blasted and powder coated (in what ever color you want) for less than a set of new wheels. It's a bit of a logistical hassle, e.g. remove wheels, take them to tire shop to remove tires, take wheels to powder coater, take wheels to tire shop...

I believe Method Racing may have some that will fit. Also, Stealth Custom Series had a run of their F-5 wheels made for 100 series Cruisers at one time. You may want to check with them.

I have a set of later model Tundra wheels.. 07-13 I believe? They're 275x65r18 5x150 off set. The bold pattern works but I'm waiting to put some 295x70r18's before I put them on. I plan on doing the slee 1.5" wheel spacer. Hope that helps?

The 16" LX wheels look nicer I think...

Ok yeah I found some tundra wheels on Craig's that I have see some people run on their 100s.
They look like these, will the back spacing be similar to my factory LC wheels?

image.jpg

Thanks for the offers on the LC stockers. I found these tundra 18s for 300$ and I found some 285/75/18 toyo at 2's at 4wheel parts. That looks like a good combo.
Any issues I may be missing?

Thanks for the offers on the LC stockers. I found these tundra 18s for 300$ and I found some 285/75/18 toyo at 2's at 4wheel parts. That looks like a good combo.
Any issues I may be missing?

I like my Toyo's (285/75/16). They do rub a little when I do a u-turn, but otherwise they perform great. Yours are a bit bigger than mine, so I'd check with someone who has your size to make sure there aren't any fitment issues.

And... post pics when you get them on!

I have 315/75/16 = 34.6 x 12.4 and the new Toyos are 285/75/18 = 34.8 x 11.2
So I think it should be good a little narrower even. We will see how much it's going to cost.

What is the intended use of the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom