New rear hitch $30 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought a used receiver hitch from Christo in Golden for $50 several years ago and finally decided to take it back off and raise the hitch into the rear cross member. There was nothing wrong with the hitch and it was well worth the money I paid but it was dragging on rocks and the ground quite a bit and was getting a little rusty and needed paint. . I dug up a bunch of spare ironwork from work including bolts, angle iron and thick metal braces. The only thing I paid for was the 2” receiver and black paint. I was going to make it completely bolt on but decided to weld it to the rear cross member for a little more support. So far its working really well. Not perfect but it is only temporary and eventually I would like to remove the rear cross member and raise everything up. It was great having all the clearance with the bumper off.
after.jpg

before.jpg

P1010850.jpg
after.jpg
before.jpg
P1010850.jpg

Mike, it looks really nice. Are you able to keep the spare tire under the LC as well?

more pics

Thanks, I have pulled the spare years ago along with the carrier so I'm not sure. It wont work with my 35" tire as it would hang way down but it may with stock size. From a side shot it looks like the 3 carrier mounting holes are just below the bracing. I used the 5/8 bolt holes already in the frame so if you raise it some it might work.
P1010921.jpg

P1010923.jpg
P1010921.jpg
P1010923.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom