New project HJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m pretty excited about the latest addition to the stables. Very rare, here in the UK, to find an HJ61… especially rust free. Can’t wait to give it a restoration with some subtle upgrades. Thinking a 2 inch dobinson lift and bigger tyres on these chrome rims. Love the turbo seats! Cheers
591ADEB0-2EE9-4CC7-B8D9-CA43923DCA8D.jpeg

3DE68534-A5E6-4E12-A0F1-853B71202DC8.jpeg

BE1B89CE-17E2-4B80-B91E-6C55E8748DC2.jpeg

B499E12C-8574-460C-9E90-E98065D711AC.jpeg

91EE9AF4-D836-4580-9996-C04479659988.jpeg

nice find! good luck with the restoration.

Nice project. It hurts to see interior panels stacked with random stuff in a pile. They get hurt very easy and I can imagine the struggle to find VX interior parts in good shape as GX versions are nearly impossible to find :confused:

Nice project. It hurts to see interior panels stacked with random stuff in a pile. They get hurt very easy and I can imagine the struggle to find VX interior parts in good shape as GX versions are nearly impossible to find :confused:
You’re absolutely right. Hopefully all will be ok but will need some TLC.

are those turbo seats a land cruiser seat or something swapped in from another model yota? i ask cuz a friend of mine has the stock turbo seats out of an '86 turbo pick me up. n those look like them :hmm:
a not bad lookin' piece to start from for a project

are those turbo seats a land cruiser seat or something swapped in from another model yota? i ask cuz a friend of mine has the stock turbo seats out of an '86 turbo pick me up. n those look like them :hmm:
Those are VX interior seats. Your friend probably has GX seats with grey striped fabric.

That's the factory seats the VX and Sahara models came with. They are pretty comfy. Not much good if your covered in mud though!

Mine has electric lumbar control, drivers seat only.

I'm pretty sure Euro and Jap models have electric heated seats in them.
That blows me away, heated seats only seemed to become a thing in Aus maybe 10 years ago. But they were in old Landcruisers in the 80's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom