New Member scammer responding to IH8MUD posts User thomas123545432 email andrewmarcus231111@aol.com (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PSA: There's a new member responding to classified posts saying he has the item, and to send him the money and he'll send the item. Looked up his email on google and it's been used in scams on other forums. I went back an forth until his english and promises didn't make sense.

User: thomas123545432
his email: andrewmarcus231111@aol.com

contact 1 of the moderators and they can ban him.

there was another 1 about a month ago, responded to half a page of wanted items, everything from 60's 40 series parts to 100 series parts, he had everything anyone needed. it was pretty obvious.

contact 1 of the moderators and they can ban him.

there was another 1 about a month ago, responded to half a page of wanted items, everything from 60's 40 series parts to 100 series parts, he had everything anyone needed. it was pretty obvious.
Hopefully the moderators will block his email address, as this seems to be the same email found on other forums where he's scamming people.

Hopefully the moderators will block his email address, as this seems to be the same email found on other forums where he's scamming people.

they have a way to delete him from this site so none of his info will be available

There is a user going by FM35 who contacted me about a wanted posting that I posted in classifieds saying he had an ARB bumper in new condition to sell for 400 dollars shipped from California. I was immediately suspicious and decided to string him along a bit to dig deeper. When I asked him for a phone number to call him, he sent me one, but said text only. I googled the number and it was all over the internet involved in auto/parts scams. The number he gave me is 919.694.3861. Beware...

Thanks for sharing the info guys.

I recently posted a WANTED for a set of (4) Rock Warrior wheels. I was contacted via "Start a Conversation" on the Forum by a person with the id on "jaz135" claiming to have a set for same and wanted to be contacted via the email: plb27168@gmail.com as shown in @Windknotz post above. I asked for pictures of the wheels. The plb27168@gmail.com email address had a handle of "Plb 271". I received pictures and the person said they are out of North Carolina. I gave this person my phone number and asked them to call me. The person called from phone number 919-614-3861 and in the conversation they asked that I send the money via "ZELLE. - Km783036@gmail.com" with a name of Karla Mondragon. I asked for the person to send pictures of the wheels inside the rim to view the id of each wheel, they said they could not because they have already boxed them up.

I have broken off the communication with this individual as a possible scammer for the following reason:
-I've never heard of Zelle, but during a google search there is a big warning that states do not send money unless you know the indiviual as it is instantaneous and unable to reverse
-The person refused to provide pictures of the id on inside of each wheel
-I could not find "jaz135" as member or any post by that handle
-This led me to research the scammer thread and found the same email and phone number as listed above in @Windknotz post above 919-614-3861

I don't know for certain this person is a scammer, but the information provided matches of other posts above.

It's crazy that these people exists. Stay vigilant and don't suffer in silence, call these people out of the shadows

Stay Healthy My Friends

I'll post this as a new Thread as well as here.

I recently posted a WANTED for a set of (4) Rock Warrior wheels. I was contacted via "Start a Conversation" on the Forum by a person with the id on "jaz135" claiming to have a set for same and wanted to be contacted via the email: plb27168@gmail.com as shown in @Windknotz post above. I asked for pictures of the wheels. The plb27168@gmail.com email address had a handle of "Plb 271". I received pictures and the person said they are out of North Carolina. I gave this person my phone number and asked them to call me. The person called from phone number 919-614-3861 and in the conversation they asked that I send the money via "ZELLE. - Km783036@gmail.com" with a name of Karla Mondragon. I asked for the person to send pictures of the wheels inside the rim to view the id of each wheel, they said they could not because they have already boxed them up.

I have broken off the communication with this individual as a possible scammer for the following reason:
-I've never heard of Zelle, but during a google search there is a big warning that states do not send money unless you know the indiviual as it is instantaneous and unable to reverse
-The person refused to provide pictures of the id on inside of each wheel
-I could not find "jaz135" as member or any post by that handle
-This led me to research the scammer thread and found the same email and phone number as listed above in @Windknotz post above 919-614-3861

I don't know for certain this person is a scammer, but the information provided matches of other posts above.

It's crazy that these people exists. Stay vigilant and don't suffer in silence, call these people out of the shadows

Stay Healthy My Friends

I'll post this as a new Thread as well as here.

I consider myself to have a high tolerance for bullshittery....but really wish I could get 5 minutes in a locked room with this scammer...

jaz135 was banned Dec 12.

FM35 was banned Nov 27.

thomas123545432 was banned Nov 7.

When you REPORT these users using the official REPORT feature that exists with below every post/thread/conversation, I get alerts on my phone and can ban members immediately....AND use the details provided in the REPORT to search out additional clone accounts. Thus far, around 120 accounts have been blocked as Spam since Nov 7...100ish of those because the REPORTing system adds additional hurdles to "clone" accounts that force Admin approval before they even get the chance to post. IP checks, cookie checks, DNSBL, and others.

The system works well, but will never be perfect. Thank you to those that have reported!

BTW, this why the NOTICE at the top of Classifieds was put into place, with similar verbiage to my prior post. EVERYONE should have seen that and read it.

...100ish of those because the REPORTing system adds additional hurdles to "clone" accounts that force Admin approval before they even get the chance to post. IP checks, cookie checks, DNSBL, and others.

make that 102ish...

jaz135 was banned Dec 12.

FM35 was banned Nov 27.

thomas123545432 was banned Nov 7.

When you REPORT these users using the official REPORT feature that exists with below every post/thread/conversation, I get alerts on my phone and can ban members immediately....AND use the details provided in the REPORT to search out additional clone accounts. Thus far, around 120 accounts have been blocked as Spam since Nov 7...100ish of those because the REPORTing system adds additional hurdles to "clone" accounts that force Admin approval before they even get the chance to post. IP checks, cookie checks, DNSBL, and others.

The system works well, but will never be perfect. Thank you to those that have reported!
Woody, thanks for the intel. Much Appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom