New Member - On A Steep Learning Curve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thank you for the add.

Luke here from Toowoomba, Australia. Married with 3 daughters.

Run a Shoulder Physio practice, love sport and camping and keen golfer.

Despite my father having an 1979 FJ45 when we were kids I only got my first LC in 2018.

She is a 2003 IFS V8 Sahara with limited lift and mods. I bought it at 181 000 km and she now has 260 000 km on the clock .

I have kept her clean and serviced to the best of my ability but reading this forum there is definitely more I should have done.

She has never let me down and provided us with so many memories.

Only a few issues over my time... CV drive shafts and leaky boots, Rear main seal leaky, ABS wheel sensor, front wheel bearings, steering rack bushes and more recently a screechy ABS/MC brake booster assy which has me on a steep learning curve.

Thanks again and I hope I can be of value to the group.

Cheers,

Luke

finke.jpeg
IMG_7783.jpeg
IMG_7964.jpeg

IMG_1330.jpg
IMG_1331_2.jpg

Welcome Luke! Here is my 1999 UZJ100 in the Utah desert.

IMG_1595.jpeg

Love the sheepskin covers. I went back and forth quite a while on Sheepskin or place the leather. I placed the leather, which is awesome, but wonder if the sheepskin wouldn't have been a better choice.

Love the sheepskin covers. I went back and forth quite a while on Sheepskin or place the leather. I placed the leather, which is awesome, but wonder if the sheepskin wouldn't have been a better choice.
Yeah Bisho, they weren't cheap but thought they might help the leather last longer and improve my comfort. I still clean and moisturise the leather underneath and highly rate the sheep skin for comfort, coolness in summer and warmth in winter. The colour suits I think too. Cheers mate.

Welcome! Yea any info on the sheepskin covers? The previous owner on mine had them installed a number of years ago and they need replacing. Yours appear to be a two pieces between the upper and lower section and looks great.

Hey Luke @LC2003 - welcome and looks like you've been to Big Red :)
We found a Prado out there after a bit of rain - bogged. Asked him about "centre diff lock" and he looked at me blankly...anyhoo got him out and told him to drive back to Birdsville :)

View attachment 3371599
Yes @willyroo a few times now with 1 x east to west crossing. How's old mates form? No flag either...

Welcome!

Since you're in Australia, would my driver slice up north turn into a power draw down there? Like the whole toilet draining direction? Thinking maybe Coriolis can help my swing. ;)

That brake booster is annoying. Simple fix if you spend the $$ for a whole new assembly. More complicated and risky if you want to save the $$. I replaced the master cylinder in mine a few years back. Not too bad a job, but tedious.

I'd be more concerned with that rear main seal. Now *that's* a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom