New member intro! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

papabeach

SILVER Star
Threads
View attachment 1214675

Hello all! I wanted to introduce myself and share a few pics. I am a longterm 3rd gen 4runner guy with a fairly bulit rig (99 5spd e-locker, lifted, sc'd, armor, etc) but finally got the opportunity of a lifetime. A mechanically well maintained and tastfully modded LC80 came up for grabs and my wife and I jumped on it. The 4runner was great for the two of us as DINKS but now with 2 small kids we were wanting more space! It was a little cosmetically rough and the wifey wanted to make it "ours" so off to the body shop for some TLC and color change/rhino liner on roof and bottom 1/3 of sides, did the satoshi grill mod, depot lights, slee rear bumper. I was really worried about a full color change but it turned out great and we are very happy with it! I still need to get the windows tinted (hot hear in Texas), finish the SoundDeadener Showdown soundproofing project, install the frontrunner rack/LED bar (assembled but not yet mounted), 3x sets of Rigid D2s--Driving, Flood (ditch lights), Diffused (back-up) as well as upgraded headlight harness. I did a massive projector retrofit on the 4Runner (LS460s) and it turned out great but not yet ready to go that way with the LC.

Look forward to being part of the community and sharing our story. Hope you enjoy the before and after pics of the make-over and the one gratuitous pic of my 4Runner.

We are more exploring/camping/overlanding people and less into rock crawling but hey...if its in the way...no problems going over/through it!

Here are some specs:

Mechanical-

230,xxx miles on original motor/trans/tcase-when motor goes time for a V8 swap!

Factory locking diffs. They engage quickly with no issues

New spark plugs April 2015. Cap, rotor and wires done fall 2009

Crankshaft seal and oil pump replaced fall of 2009 as well

PHH replaced with silicon hose. Firewall hoses replaced with Green Stripe hose

Photoman smaller Alternator pulley

New power steering pump (OReilly’s) and rebuilt Toyota steering box installed in Fall 2014. Also replaced steering cooler with a Derale aftermarket and new Gates high pressure line

Trans serviced April 2015 with new filter and fluid

Blue hub fan clutch with 20k CST fluid

New front U-joints

SoCal Frank Exhaust Manifold food warmer

Suspension/Axles

New TJM progressive springs/Gold shocks, OME steering stabilizer and front/rear spring spacers installed April 2015. Also new yellow caster correction bushings

LandCruiser Phil front swaybar disconnects

Metal Tech sway bar drop brackets front/rear

Tie rod and drag link ends replaced with 555 brand in 2012

Diffs have fresh gear oil and hex head plugs

New OEM axle seals and front axle service done April 2015

Center diff lock button installed along with Pin 7 mod

Electrical

Die Hard Platinum battery P2 size installed earlier this year

Urban Land Cruisers heavy gauge replacement battery cables connected with military batt terminals

Blue Sea 6 place aux fuse box with 60amp fuse. Only 2 places in use now

6 gauge wiring to cargo area for amp in place. Fused with 100amp maxi fuse

12v charge line connected to 7 way trailer plug with auto reset breaker

Trailer brake wiring connected with auto reset breaker also

Modulite trailer light module. Carries signal on separate wiring from truck and battery

Interior

JDM Hand Throttle installed

Alpine CD head unit with Bluetooth, USB, Apple ready and phone mic installed

USB port flush mounted in front of shifter for connecting phone, thumb drive etc. to stereo

Kenwood speakers in dash and rear doors. Pioneers in front doors

Pro-Fit dash mount for satellite radio, phone etc.

Trailer brake controller mount for a Tekonsha Prodigy and wiring in place

Hanna Quality interior racks mounted in cargo area. Passenger side floor mount has drawer bolted to it

Custom lockable wooden drawer with Mac’s tie down rails mounted in pass rear cargo area.

Blue Sea 2 place 12v outlet mounted to pass side. Only bottom plug is currently wired

PFran full interior LEDs

Scangauge mounted on top of steering column with speed corrected for tire size

Custom red anodized shift t-case shift knob

Cobra 19 CB with Gamiviti back lit mic holder

Exterior

Metal Tech large stinger front bumper with ENGO 10K winch. Loaded with 100ft of TJM synthetic line. Aluminum hawse fairlead with Southeast Overland fairlead liner also installed

Outpost Offroad Sliders

De-flared with plastic rear bumper parts removed

SoCal Frank rear antenna/light mount on passenger side

Cree LED reverse light bulbs

315/75/16 Goodyear MT/R tires. Approx 8k miles and 80% tread remaining. Same size spare under truck

New windshield with OEM gasket installed April 2015

IMG_5445.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5959.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

Beautiful build and welcome aboard!

Well damn great intro and welcome!

Welcome to the family and that's a great looking Cruiser.

Welcome to the addiction fellow Texas!! I used to have a 3rd gen built 4runner as well, love it and upgrade to the 80 series and love it even more especially for long trip and cargo space.

Loving the paint and bed liner job! Looks awesome! Sweet build, seems it's coming right along
Where did u score the TOYOTA grill? Me likey!

Nice rig...thanks for posting your mod list...gave me a few more things to put on my list. Welcome !!

Loving the paint and bed liner job! Looks awesome! Sweet build, seems it's coming right along
Where did u score the TOYOTA grill? Me likey!

made it myself...bought a replacement grill on eBay...cut out the middle...patched the holes, shaped the mesh, attached with small bolts/nylock nuts and bolted the emblem to the front...had the body shop spray with with bed liner as well.

I only have this one pic after I primed it and test fit the mesh before adding the toyota emblem.

image.jpeg

Welcome to the addiction fellow Texas!! I used to have a 3rd gen built 4runner as well, love it and upgrade to the 80 series and love it even more especially for long trip and cargo space.

seems like the natural transition! amen to addiction...I got the bug...and it isn't going away!

Damn nice rig and welcome

I like the grill, giving off that 60 series vibe.

Congrats on the nice find! Welcome to the board. Wish you and your family many happy years in your new rig!

seems like the natural transition! amen to addiction...I got the bug...and it isn't going away!

It will not go away for sure, but stick with you for the rest of your life!!! ;)

Hey 80 Series Guys! Im a new owner of an 80, but not new to them. I own Chitown4x4 in Chicago and have been wrenching on Toyotas for the past 12 years or so. I purchased my first 80 from a friend here locally and it turned out to be a decent purchase! Im loving it, but they do need their help as they are getting old!

So here is my 95, with 190k on the clock! Fn BFD Wheels, Arb front bumper, 4x4Labs rear, 2" Fox/ARB lift. More to come!
IMG_20171126_144941.jpg

here is my Wifes ride !

IMG_20171109_090624.jpg

And a Typical Day behind the shop!

IMG_20171126_145341.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom