NEW MEMBER - FIRST UZJ100 2004 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ASB

Threads
Hi all,

So I’ve finally taken the plunge and brought a UZJ100 2004, imported from Japan, so branded as a Cygnus, which I understand is a LX470 in USA and a LC Amazon here in the U.K. Before you all start directing me to the U.K. LC Club…. Take a breath…. Already joined… just want to be part of this forum as well…. reading the threads… it’s clear that there are very knowledgeable people on this forum and as we say over here… ‘sharing is caring’

IMG_7964.jpg

Anyway, some pics to share and also completed JOB 1, which was to swap out the stereo system for something a little more practical, with Apple Car Play. My existing audio system was a premium one with an Amplifier under the front seat, from reading many threads… this was gonna be a nightmare…. But in reality proved to be pretty straight forward… I ordered an aftermarket audio cable from AliExpress ($40) see picture, the cheapest audio system with CarPlay from EBay ($100) and finally an new trim panel surround from EBay ($40)…. And then it was literally plug and play, except I needed to splice one cable to get the electrical aerial to rise and fall with the system turning on/off.

IMG_7976.jpg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

IMG_9561.jpg

Many more jobs to do, hopefully can ‘add’ to the forum as well as ‘take’

Happy New Year!!

Av.

Nice truck ! Would be interesting to see other options over there like that fender mirror. So Welcome !

Where did you buy the truck? i am looking to pickup a 100.
Hi, brought from an importer in the UK. The car itself left Japan 2005 and spent most of its life in Pakistan, before arriving in the UK 2017. It then ended up standing for a few years before I brought it in 2022. The importer I brought it from has now ceased trading. There are a few for sale on autotrader.co.uk.

Where did you buy the truck? i am looking to pickup a 100.
Since you are in the US you can just look on the classifieds on these forums unless you are trying to import a different spec.

Update on life with the UZJ100. I've finished a few more jobs, replaced the tilt and telescope motors on the steering wheel ... 'it lives' .... cam belt and water pump done, discs, pads and one calliper replaced... its now stops much better. Then I think I may have gotten....
FullSizeRender.jpg
a little too excited and decided to clean and ceramic coat the car, taking the opportunity to touch-up the odd stone chip. Not too sure hour long it was last ... but it looks good ... real good... clearly I'm a little biased. Anyone, else gone a little OTT and ceramic coated their cruisers ?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom