New Member - Electrical Gremlins? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you ever check the wires in the loom between the door?

That was advised to me a while back and I haven't done it

No I haven't. The only thing I can think of regarding the alarm going off while the door is unlocked is:
1. The car is set to auto lock all doors when put in drive.
2. When I arrive at the destination and put the car in park, the door locks for some reason don't auto unlock like they do in my GX.
3. When I go to open my drivers door, the handle unlocks the lock, but perhaps the car computer doesn't realize that the lock is unlocked, but it does realize that the door has opened.
4. While the driver's door is opened, and all 4 doors are locked, upon shutting the door, the car thinks it is being locked and security set.
5. Therefore, car not realizing that the lock is still unlocked, when I go to open the door, the car thinks someone just picked the lock and broke into it, therefore starting the alarm.

So, I think if these assumptions are all true, then the issue lies with whatever sensor determines whether the door lock is locked or not, or the wiring responsible for it.

Any easy ways to test for this directly?

The auto locking feature can be changed. Techstream is one way, but I also found this thread to modify it.

Maybe you can change the setting to off for now while you test?

But I'm thinking whatever "system" that makes the truck realize the drivers door is locked/unlocked is malfunctioning on both our trucks.

The auto locking feature can be changed. Techstream is one way, but I also found this thread to modify it.

Maybe you can change the setting to off for now while you test?

But I'm thinking whatever "system" that makes the truck realize the drivers door is locked/unlocked is malfunctioning on both our trucks.
Roger that. I'm going to use Techstream to disable that feature, along with the beeping upon lock/unlock.

On a different note, I noticed that the little LED lights on the window buttons all remain lit even when the car doors are all closed and locked. The driver's side window switch continues to flash, I guess indicating that it hasn't been programmed. The amp draw can't be much, but I highly doubt that it's normal that both the old OEM master switch and the new switchdoctor switch both remain to have their LED lights on even when the car is locked. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom