New Member - Black 2007 GX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. Been a long time lurker. So much amazing info here. I've also been looking for a GX 470 for close to a year. The prices in the PNW have gone crazy, but I think I have finally found mine. Baring any unforeseen circumstances, I should be coming home with a Black 1 owner 2007 GX 470 bone stock. It currently has 177K on it, but meticulous maintained. The Lexus records are pages long. I'm buying it from someone in the GXOR-PNW Facebook group. Here are some preventative/get it up to date things I have planned. Let me know if I need to do anything else. This will ultimately be a mild build to get me deeper into the forest for mountain biking. Really looking forward to being a part of this community. I think I have read everything on here and Club Lexus about buying a GX. Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Change all the fluids and filters, except for the oil, which was just done.
2. Lubricate everything.
3. Buy the secondary air intake bypass kit.
4. Maybe the radiator since it is original.
5. TB and water pump at 180K.
6. And of course, ENJOY IT!

Last edited:
Congrats, hope the deal goes through. What area of Oregon?
Start thinking about suspension and tire upgrades...the airbags in the rear will fail at some point, and you’ll want some decent rubber to get you in, and out, of the back country.
Enjoy...

Congrats, hope the deal goes through. What area of Oregon?
Start thinking about suspension and tire upgrades...the airbags in the rear will fail at some point, and you’ll want some decent rubber to get you in, and out, of the back country.
Enjoy...
I'm in the Tigard/Tualatin area.
Unless the guy has been cat fishing me, the deal should be good. Lol
The front suspension is brand new and the guy said the rear airbags look to be in good shape too. He is a mechanic and off road guy. I will be looking to get a modest lift done.
Definitely will be getting some good tires.
Thanks!

She made it home. Great freeway cruiser. I removed the other two center caps because 2 were already missing.

IMG_20200802_170801.jpg

IMG_20200802_170842.jpg

IMG_20200802_132328.jpg

Should I replace the radiator as preventative maintenance since it is the original?

Should I replace the radiator as preventative maintenance since it is the original?

‘08 GX w/172k miles here. Not sure what the others will say but I’m going to replace mine preemptively even though mine is working fine. I’ll likely keep it as a backup for an emergency. I just wish I could find a 100% aluminum replacement.

‘08 GX w/172k miles here. Not sure what the others will say but I’m going to replace mine preemptively even though mine is working fine. I’ll likely keep it as a backup for an emergency. I just wish I could find a 100% aluminum replacement.
Good call. I'm thinking I will change mine. Bummer about no all aluminum.

There's a lot more wrong than I initially thought. Ugh.
Radiator is leaking.
Power steering pump reservoir is leaking.
Both CV axles are worn and the boots are ripped.
Cam seal is leaking.
A/T fluid was jet black. I was worried about this because none of the service records showed it as being done. Hopefully no long term damage.

Hey, at least my brakes have 60% left on them. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom