New Member and new Leds - slow build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon everyone. I recently purchased a 12' Gx460. It was a cheap price, and had the F sport appearance package. Minus the exhaust tip apparently. The only mods I have done so far. I replace all of the wedge style t10 interior bulbs to LED. I also installed Sealight Led headlight bulbs, they fit under the dust cover, to replace the factory halogen. Looks so much better IMO. I searched and did not see these. I also found some downward pointing led bulbs to replace the halogen wedge bulbs under the running board on amazon. Honestly, these are a must have in my opinion and the link is below. I do not plan on running sliders in the future. Ironman Nitro stage 2 sitting in the garage now! installing soon.

Amazon product ASIN B07L54SHRF
GX460 2 .jpg

Gx460 1 .jpg

Last edited:
Welcome!
Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!

LED interior lights are a must on these. Congrats on the new ride.

Thanks. Think there were 11 bulbs in the interior. That is a lot of current draw on the battery when unloading from a trip. Previously, it didnt take that long for the battery saver mode to kick in, and turn off the lights. My girls always pack, like we are going to Borneo for a month. Just for a weekend trip!

I had the Ironman 4x4 stage two nitro installed today. The ride home confirmed my need for new shocks. Its is flat and controlled, but without being too firm. Nose dive under braking has been reduced greatly. I am very happy with the set up. It was getting a little dark once I got home, but here are some pics. I just noticed that they tore up my inner fender liner. I will call them about that in the morning.
Ironman 1 .jpg

ironman 2 .jpg
Ironman 3.jpg

Last edited:
I had the Ironman 4x4 stage two nitro installed today. The ride home confirmed my need for new shocks. Its is flat and controlled, but without being too firm. Nose dive under braking has been reduced greatly. I am very happy with the set up. It was getting a little dark once I got home, but here are some pics. I just noticed that they tore up my inner fender liner. I will call them about that in the morning.
View attachment 2350661
View attachment 2350663View attachment 2350664
Looks great! Did you get the dreaded KDSS lean?

Mine looks level to the naked eye as well but I still have 3/8" lean on the passenger size when measured.

Depending upon where they tore up the inner liner, it may help with larger tires from rubbing on it. I had to trim mine when I added larger tires.

I just noticed that they tore up my inner fender liner. I will call them about that in the morning.
View attachment 2350664

Are you talking about that torn up piece with KL on bottom pic? It's a really flimsy piece, like wet cardboard flimsy. Anyone still have theirs? Mine looked like that after the install, to be honest it might have looked like that before the install. I never checked. So I ripped it off on both sides.

I still have mine, a good installer would take care not to tear them. There's a company that makes thicker replacements as well.

I measured yesterday. I do have the KDSS lean. Almost a half inch high LR. Front is dead even. I put 3” of wood on the driveway and drove the left Rear up onto it. I unscrewed the rear valve on KDSS three turns. I then stood on the running board and rocked the car back and forth about 7 times. I tightened the KDSS valve screw back in. I measured after and only have 1/16th high left. When I sit in the car alone it is probably even. I am happy now! In regards to the fender liner. I guess they are flimsy. Maybe I will replace them, maybe not. Does bug me a little visually.

From what the Blackgate guys have said, the KDSS system equalizes each time the ignition is cycled. If that's the case then making an adjustment with the block will only work until the system is cycled again and then it will result in a different pressure and stance based off of how it equalizes in the particular spot. They are coming out with a switch that will allow you to cycle the system at will so that you can equalize it and level the truck as much as possible on command.

I have no clue whether or not there's any validity to that claim but I can attest to my truck measuring differently from time to time as well.

Blackgate Customs. It's in final testing at the moment.

From what the Blackgate guys have said, the KDSS system equalizes each time the ignition is cycled. If that's the case then making an adjustment with the block will only work until the system is cycled again and then it will result in a different pressure and stance based off of how it equalizes in the particular spot. They are coming out with a switch that will allow you to cycle the system at will so that you can equalize it and level the truck as much as possible on command.

They?

I put new tires on yesterday. I see that Falkens are popular on here. After looking around I decided to do something different. I haven't seen them posted on any builds. I ended up with a 275/65/r18 Cooper RTX. Not the E load rating model. I was wanting to avoid a ring and pinion upgrade or cutting more plastic with a 33" tire. They are a probably the best riding and quietest all terrain I have owned. I have owned over 20 trucks and Jeeps with suspension lifts over the years. They were only $157.00 each at NTB. I also found some odd, wide thread brass colored sheetrock screws in my parts stash. I cut the tips off for proper length. They replaced the dreaded fender well bolt quite well. Only minor rub every once in a while backing up now.

IMG_20200718_113819.jpg

61671599453__A57FACFC-4C4D-4C50-A26E-4097C8E2FDAF.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom