New Member #608 Brett Heron (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
Please welcome Brett (@AZLC200 ) to CopperStateCruisers.

Brett has a 2021 Land Cruiser with an ICON lift, ICON Alloys with Toyo AT3s, Slee Offroad formed step sliders. Please share some pictures of your truck and tell us more about yourself.

:cheers:

Welcome Brett. Please post some pictures

Welcome aboard! Now show us some ICON stuff,...

Thanks for the welcome messages--I'm glad to be part of this group. I had a Jeep Rubicon for the last 6 years that I modified (lift, wheels/tires, rock rails, winch, bumpers and some other minor changes). In addition to weekend driving I would take it out once every month or two to some of the trails around Phoenix and northern Arizona. Nothing too extreme, mainly intermediate trails. Have always wanted a Land Cruiser and as the kids are getting older they aren't as interested in those outings, so sold the Jeep and bought one of the last 2021 Land Cruiser's. Spent a lot of time on here researching modifications. I wanted something similar to a HE, but without the interior trim detail, roof rack and gold wheels. So far I've removed the rear seats, found a guy in Australia (via this forum) that made covers for the holes in the wheel wells and bought a HE cargo mat to cover the other holes in the floor. The shop was booked out for months to do the suspension and just got it back this week. In addition to suspension/wheels/tires I had them do a mild chrome delete (side window sills, fog surrounds and side molding) and replace the fog lights with spot lights. Found a HE badge from a dealer in Illinois that was selling them on Amazon and put those on that on the D pillars. I jumped the gun a little bit on saying I have the Slee formed step sliders--I do have them in my garage. Slee was sold out for a while and when I got the notification they were back in stock, I ordered them directly not knowing when they'd sell out. I thought the shop where I got the lift/wheels/tires would install the sliders, but they said their insurance company won't let them install something they don't sell. So it still has the factory running boards and I need to find a place to install the sliders or buy a rivnut tool and take a shot at it myself. Here a couple pics:

side s.jpeg

side d.jpeg

wheels.jpeg

chrome fog.jpeg

cargo clean.jpeg

Welcome! Can't have too many Bretts in CSC :flipoff2:

Based on the recommendation from @DSRTRDR I contacted @richardlillard1 and he installed the step sliders this week. He was great to work with and they look great. Took a short trip out to Four Peaks this weekend--here are some photos of the sliders after that trip.

step slider1.jpeg

step slider2.jpeg

step slider3.jpeg

Sliders are an important part of bodywork protection, and also help to keep mud and slinging rocks from chips and dings on your fenders. Great looking LandCruiser.

How do you like your Toyo Open Country A/T's? On recommendation from murf, I installed these 4yrs ago and they've been much quieter than the Nitto Terra Grapplers which they replaced. I drove from AZ to SD on a hunt last year and the tires were the least of my cabin noise (80-series). They also work well offroad,

Sliders are an important part of bodywork protection, and also help to keep mud and slinging rocks from chips and dings on your fenders. Great looking LandCruiser.

How do you like your Toyo Open Country A/T's? On recommendation from murf, I installed these 4yrs ago and they've been much quieter than the Nitto Terra Grapplers which they replaced. I drove from AZ to SD on a hunt last year and the tires were the least of my cabin noise (80-series). They also work well offroad,
The tires have been great--less road noise than I was expecting, but have only had them for a couple months. I don't really even hear them. Took them offroad for the first time this weekend and they worked well. I had the R/T's on the Jeep I had before this and really liked them, but wanted something for the Land Cruiser that was good for long distance trips as well as light off road. So far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom