New Member 05 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody, wanted to introduce myself. I'm the proud new owner of a 2005 LX470 with 130K miles on it. Everything is bone stock so far. My first plans are to upgrade the tires to 285 all terrains, maybe powdercoat the wheels black and install a sherpa roof rack. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the truck as is. The body is rust-free as far as I can tell, save for the liftgate, it has a little bubbling on it presently and will likely need to be replaced. I'll have to do some digging in the forum pages to find the classifieds for any vehicles people may be parting out. I upgraded from an 06 F150 and as most of you already know, it is quite the upgrade. Cheers!

I just took ownership of an 05 lx470 with 99k miles. Bone stock one owner. How have your mods been going? I feel like I will only mod as needs arise or as things break.

Headlights is the main thing for me. They are so dim compared to my other more modern car. Likewise for the backup camera, at night you can hardly see a thing, so swapping out the headlights and backup lights might be on the table.

Hi! I unfortunately had a very nasty hail storm come through town that actually totaled my Lexus. I was making some good progress on upgrades. I bought and installed a Sherpa roof rack, put some 285’s on it, and did a cosmetic upgrade by replacing the grill with one of the TRD Pro style grills. It was my baby and now it’s gone. Bummer! I’m on the lookout for another though and I’m actually pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 99 lx470. If there is one thing I realized in the short amount of time I owned it it’s that these 100 series are some of the best driving vehicles around!

Sorry to hear that! I hope you pulled the rack and other mods off before they hauled it off. I am also looking at the sherpa oxford rack, it's the nicest looking and seems the most sturdy of all of those flat packed roof racks.

Sorry to hear that! I hope you pulled the rack and other mods off before they hauled it off. I am also looking at the sherpa oxford rack, it's the nicest looking and seems the most sturdy of all of those flat packed roof racks.
Thanks, yeah I have the rack sitting in my garage. I was able to find a tire shop that took my new tires off for me and put some used tires on it. I also threw the oem grill back on it. I’m hoping to find another with the same grill attachments so I can re-use the TRD grill but they changed up how the grill attaches over the years so I may have to sell that depending on what year I end up with. The good thing is the Oxford rack fits on any 100 series Toyota or Lexus regardless of year so I’ll be able to use that.

I also have an ‘05 LX! 193K. Mostly base lining right now. I did put in a grom vline2 for apple car play… really happy with it.

I also have an ‘05 LX! 193K. Mostly base lining right now. I did put in a grom vline2 for apple car play… really happy with it.
I'm on the fence about getting the VLine/Vlite vs just using a bluetooth streaming device. Do you experience crashing occasionally where you have to unplug the device to reboot it? Also, do you have issues when backing up and the factory camera not showing? Climate controls have any issues? Did your CD Changer functionality remain after installation? Thanks in advance.

I'm on the fence about getting the VLine/Vlite vs just using a bluetooth streaming device.

I use the cassette player adapters, never disconnects. Might cost you $25 shipped to your house.

I'm on the fence about getting the VLine/Vlite vs just using a bluetooth streaming device. Do you experience crashing occasionally where you have to unplug the device to reboot it? Also, do you have issues when backing up and the factory camera not showing? Climate controls have any issues? Did your CD Changer functionality remain after installation? Thanks in advance.
I had one issue where it stopped working. I plugged into the second usb port and no issues after. Had it about 5 months. Climate controls, factory backup camera all good. I don’t have any CDs, otherwise I would test that for you. The screen display is still 2005 quality and I wish it was brighter at times, but I think grom did the best they could for a plug and play. I bought mine on a group buy that I found on the subReddit page Lexus. Saved me 20%, took about 3 weeks to receive.

Thanks! I just ordered it with the current group buy ($70 off). It beats putting a giant carply screen thing on the dashboard with wires all over the place.

Thanks! I just ordered it with the current group buy ($70 off). It beats putting a giant carply screen thing on the dashboard with wires all over the place.
Nice!

Buy this pass through for a clean install and pull out your cigarette lighter. You can also mount your microphone up behind the rear view mirror by taking apart the pillar and putting it in by the air bag. Try and find a good white Velcro to mount the microphone.

GOBGOD Single Port USB 3.0 Car... Amazon product ASIN B0BTNTMNC6
IMG_1102.png
IMG_1101.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom