New Manual Locking Hub Stud Orientation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.billstengel.com
I’m putting in new locking hubs and have OEM studs/washers/nuts but want to confirm the correct orientation of how they go into the hub body: short threads into the hub or long threads into the hub?

Long side gets threaded into the hub assembly (one holding the rotor).
Thanks. So the end with the green stuff gets the nuts & washers? Lining them up, it looks like the end of the stud will be just about flush with the nut when torqued down.

Sorry to be overthinking this, I initially got an aftermarket set from cruiser outfitters which there were issues with (lesson learned).
The OEM replacement studs they sent look different than both what were on the truck originally and the aftermarket set.

243D20ED-DB9D-4E12-8D7D-61D0809A84D8.jpeg

The ones on the right are diff studs for the 3rd member. They go in with the sealant on the housing side. Maybe they are selling them as hub studs? IDK. You’d have to check with Cruiser Outfitters.

The OEM studs are 90116-08325. The ones on the left. They go in long side in to the hub assembly.

I’m not sure what you are not understanding: those are diff studs: for the differential assembly to the axle housing.

Not front hub studs.

Call Cruiser Outfitters and ask them how they are installed if you can’t figure it out.

I’m not sure what you are not understanding: those are diff studs: for the differential assembly to the axle housing.

Not front hub studs.

Call Cruiser Outfitters and ask them how they are installed if you can’t figure it out.
I understand, Onur. It was a link to what they sent me as an OEM replacement for the first set. Thanks for clarifying.

Per Cruiser Outfitters:
That is the updated stud. The short side with the pre-applied loc-tite will be installed in the hub body. We use a double-nut method for seating them in your hub.
Studs went in cleanly and with no problems.
Onward!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom