New LC to be in Motorweek show (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump! On tonight at 7pm CST in the Chicago area on channel 20.

what is the call letters of channel 20 there

Watched it over the weekend, they were not impressed with it's fuel economy/environmental aspects, but very impressed with its offroad prowess.

Watched it over the weekend, they were not impressed with it's fuel economy/environmental aspects, but very impressed with its offroad prowess.

Yeah, was suprised with how steep it climbed up and down on really loose rock surface. I thought they were close to doing some body damage on some of the moves they made.

Just watched it. Pretty cool truck imho,

5690 lbs! & 13/18 mpg suddenly my 80's not so bad at the same #s

I'll keep my 80.

If you want to compare it that way... :D

FZJ80 4760 lbs, 12/15 mpg, 212 hp 275 lbs.-ft torque
LC200 5690 lbs, 13/18 mpg, 381 hp 401 lb.-ft torque

Just saw it and tivoed it, except that I took offense to John Davis saying it's a Jeep and Land Rover imitator. DOUCHE BAG!!

http://www.pbs.org/mpt/motorweek/search.shtml

Toyota has been ripping off technology from Rover for years. Rover invented Electronic Traction Control, Hill Decent Control, and pioneered full time 4 wheel drive. As well Toyota has copied the up/down tiptronic type shifting that was already in use in Range Rover before the 200 series was born. Electronic air suspension? Range Rover had it back in 1992.

I am a Land Cruiser nut as well, but let's get it straight shall we? Both Jeep and Rover were around before Toyota antied up the BJ.

Last I heard, Toyota sold the atrac technology to Rover. They may have invented it however Toyota made it better.

Just saw it and tivoed it, except that I took offense to John Davis saying it's a Jeep and Land Rover imitator. DOUCHE BAG!!

http://www.pbs.org/mpt/motorweek/search.shtml

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery !!

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't BOTH Land Rover and toyota copy the JEEP ?? I'm not sure if the japs have ever had an original thought in their monkey little brains !! Nissan did a bunch of copying of the Jag E-Type for the 240 Z, Lexus ripped off the S-Classe Mercedes, shall I go on ?? It is easy to take something that already exists and improve it. It takes a REAL mind to make something from scratch !! :flipoff2:

That is correct. They copy and improve.

Toyota has been ripping off technology from Rover for years. Rover invented Electronic Traction Control, Hill Decent Control, and pioneered full time 4 wheel drive. As well Toyota has copied the up/down tiptronic type shifting that was already in use in Range Rover before the 200 series was born. Electronic air suspension? Range Rover had it back in 1992.

I am a Land Cruiser nut as well, but let's get it straight shall we? Both Jeep and Rover were around before Toyota antied up the BJ.

They'll never get it on this forum. You are waisting your time and energy trying to get across what you are trying to explain. As far as the majority of imbeciles on MUD are concerned, toyota has invented and or perfected everything associated with the auto !!

Ignorance is bliss .....:doh:

They'll never get it on this forum. You are waisting your time and energy trying to get across what you are trying to explain. As far as the majority of imbeciles on MUD are concerned, toyota has invented and or perfected everything associated with the auto !!

Ignorance is bliss .....:doh:

wow that is a harsh statement...got your thick skin on ;p

Innovations are noteworthy for sure. But for my personal vehicle, I'll take whatever product is better--today, whether it is "improved" or a copy. The word "copy" usually denotes a lessor variant though which is not usually the case with Toyota... except in the styling department. ;)

All that aside, here's and interesting 4wd History Timeline.

Last I heard, Toyota sold the atrac technology to Rover. They may have invented it however Toyota made it better.

Your statement contradicts itself. Rover invented Electronic Traction Control - ETC way back more than a decade ago. Toyota didn't sell Rover anything.

wow that is a harsh statement...got your thick skin on ;p

Some of us have Rovers as well and don't have tunnel vision like many here on mud. That's pretty much the truth of the matter :)

How, Toyota took their idea, improved it and sold it back to them? The source is a person who tests both Toyotas and Rovers off road for the manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom