New Headlights - more light please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old thread, sorry... but any other way to source these that anyone knows??

Thx...

:beer:
Bx

I second the HIR lights. They're quite impressive using stock light circuitry. If they're not bright enough, then get an aftermarket headlight harness and see if that makes a difference. If they're STILL not good enough, then try the more exotic stuff.

I have the low beam and high beam HIRs and am very pleased.

Last edited:
I just installed the "high beam" HIR's from Max Lumens, into my "low beam" sockets. You have to modify the new bulbs with a clipper as usual, but then take the rubber o-ring off the old low beam bulbs and slip it over the top of the new bulb. Simple process. Light output is amazing and no glare, no pissed off traffic. All the fuss with anything more exotic seems like a waste to me.

There's a link for it somewhere. I can find it and post it up if anyone hasn't seen it. Must be old news, but I finally just did it last week. Very happy. :cheers:

(And I had already installed the Slee harness prior to as well.)

Hi,
are those lights DOT approved??
TIA
Simon
Winnipeg
needs headlights for my HDJ81

but then take the rubber o-ring off the old low beam bulbs and slip it over the top of the new bulb.

(And I had already installed the Slee harness prior to as well.)

what rubber o-ring?

I changed to HIR as well, there was no o-ring to remove from the old bulb that I saw...

Hi,
are those lights DOT approved??
TIA
Simon
Winnipeg
needs headlights for my HDJ81

Simon,

I "believe" they claim to be DOT approved (And has the stamp in the back/top of the housing (Not sure about whether there was one on the lense).

HTH's!

This is from an email from Max. Here is the link : http://shnu.us/HI-LO2.htm

"This is the single-step procedure for stock replacement trimming:
HIR 9011 and 9012 bulbs are exactly identical in all dimensions to 9005 and 9006 bulbs, except for two areas, the second of wh
To do the hi-lo conversion, there are three steps-
1) Trim the top tab to fit in a low housing socket (remove the side opposite to the white section, approximately). If the bulbs are not marked, refer to your current 9006 low bulbs and trim the new ones to match.

2) Cut the double guide rails out of the plug section of the bulb. Dremel, utility knife, soldering tip all work well.
3) Double up the o-ring, putting your old o-rings on the barrel of the 9011 bulb behind the existing ones. This centers the bulb and keeps it watertight. "

what rubber o-ring?

I changed to HIR as well, there was no o-ring to remove from the old bulb that I saw...
No need to swap o-rings if you're just installing a low beam to low beam. Only if you want to stick a high beam bulbs (9011) into your low beam (9006) sockets.

How about here?:

eBay Motors: TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 91-97 CHROME HEADLIGHTS & CORNERS + (item 400002764826 end time Nov-15-08 16:48:47 PST)

Thanks much bud... how in the HELL did you find it... I SWEAR I looked ...hard.

...just not well I guess :rolleyes:

thanks again..

Bx

Thanks much bud... how in the HELL did you find it... I SWEAR I looked ...hard.

...just not well I guess :rolleyes:

thanks again..

Bx

X2 -
after you posted that I found 5 different FJZ80 headlight options.

choices choices....

Ask and ye shall receive! :hillbilly:

I guess I've been into lighting for awhile to know how to look. ;)

Here you go......

DSC01835.jpg

And the lenses are glass, not plastic, or poly......
Anyone know where these headlights can be purchased? I looked on eBay and ALL over Google, and I can't seem to find where they can be bought.........or do I need to stay away from them? My OEM lights have rock holes over all four bulbs, and their performance is now marginal, at best.

I need to replace them with something, so if anyone has a suggestion on what I should consider, please feel free to spout

Anyone know where these headlights can be purchased? I looked on eBay and ALL over Google, and I can't seem to find where they can be bought.........or do I need to stay away from them? My OEM lights have rock holes over all four bulbs, and their performance is now marginal, at best.

I need to replace them with something, so if anyone has a suggestion on what I should consider, please feel free to spout
Surely SOMEONE knows where these are still available.................

You can probably keep looking for them and they probably come up for sale on e-bay occasionally.

Or you can click on the e-bay link above and contact the seller directly to see if he has (or can get) more of them.

Good luck!

i have a set of these just purchased as well... I will be doing another retrofit with these when they arrive. This time using the mack daddy of them all.. The S2000 projectors!

i have a set of these just purchased as well... I will be doing another retrofit with these when they arrive. This time using the mack daddy of them all.. The S2000 projectors!

:cool:, but how about bi-xenon projectors? :D

Dug up the receipt with a part number:

tunerzimage.com
  • 1 DEP-212-1173-PXCD-E Depo Toyota Land Cruiser
    91-97 Chrome Clear Headlights...............$159.98

and a pic of them installed:
DSCF6290.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom