New GX470 TRD Style Grille! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hope it's ok with the OP but I took the liberty to make the Lexus version in black and dark gray.

TRD Grill Mockup Lexusblack.jpg

TRD Grill Mockup Lexusgray.jpg

I'm in for one regardless.

That said, if you could do the Lexus emblem in the Toyota font and blacked out, I'd be even more into it!

The retro look of the Toyota font and the Cruiser heritage is awesome!

Would like to see it with just the Lexus symbol in the middle instead of LEXUS spelled out.
I'm torn on this... I also like the idea of just the L Badge, but then it wouldn't fit well inside the wide cutout and would have blank space on the sides.

An option that could work: also offer a blank center insert? If it's just a flat mesh pattern blank, we could add whatever badge we want to it.

I'm in for one regardless.

That said, if you could do the Lexus emblem in the Toyota font and blacked out, I'd be even more into it!

The retro look of the Toyota font and the Cruiser heritage is awesome!

That dark gray looks nice. Also second the idea of the Lexus logo. Good work.

I'm sure it would be a lot of extra work to create an entirely new Lexus emblem, though I could see the OP offering it in the future. I agree that having "Lexus" in the smaller/simpler Toyota font could potentially look really cool. I'm waiting to see installed pics as I'm curious how big the Lexus logo actually looks. If it's huge and intrusive like RAM trucks I won't be as stoked...

As for color... Personally, I would 100% paint the center Lexus logo. Dark grey, black, something. I'm sure most others would too. Not sure why it's silver when (one of) the main intent(s) of this grill for most buyers is to remove the chrome.

This is definitely awesome. I blacked out my original grille, but kept the logo chrome. I actually like this new grille with the "LEXUS" chrome lettering.

View attachment 2710517

There it is! First samples of the GX470 TRD Style Grille. 🙌

Comes with *your choice* of TOYOTA *or* LEXUS nameplate so you can decide which to rep. 🤙

Target price is around $225 but nothing official and no pre-orders just yet. First batch should be available in July. So start saving those pennies! 💰

Follow IG @urj150 to stay up to date on it. I’ll try to post here - but sometimes I forget. 🙃
Put me down for a Toyota grill. Prado tailgate would be a nice touch it you can put those together.

Put me down for a Toyota grill. Prado tailgate would be a nice touch it you can put those together.
I actually *just* dropped off my 150 at the body shop today to have the 5th wheel rear door installed.

I havent done any research into the 120 rear door - but I’m sure it’s doable. Just need to track down a supplier and test fit one to see what’s reused, what needs to be modified (if anything), what you give up, etc, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom