new GX460 keyfobs don't work at all? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ever since I got the truck, 1800 miles ago, I had a feeling something's off with the key fob, but 'cause I enjoyed the Lexus remote control app on my phone so much, I never paid much attention to the keyfob operations, until this morning. I am probably 10 feet away from my drive way/car, and kept pressing the unlock button, then the lock button, held it, double click, walked towards the car, nothing. But, when I put my hands to the driver's door, it always unlocks (of course, otherwise wouldn't have been driving it). This is not a battery issue I'd say? anybody had this experience? to do with programming by a dealer??

At the dealer now, technician said all the chime and electronic functions were switched off, an adjustment that requires computer by dealer only (not through the touchscreen). I sure didn’t give the car to any dealer to make any re-programming. Just weird.

If you get TechStream (Amazon product ASIN B07BCNPDDG)
you can do all those settings along with read codes and more. You can even program your own fobs.
I had to do this when I lost one of my fobs and purchased a cheap one. Just took my laptop down to the car, plugged in the OBDII to my laptop, ran TechStream and followed instructions on programing my fob.
There's a lot of setting in there you can work with, but use caution.

Also, what Lexus app are you referring to for your phone?
Is for OS or Android and what does the app do?

I use simply the Lexus app, I think in Apple store it’s called Lexus enform suite. It’s the official app, allowing you to see odometer, doors etc etc. Toyota has the same. But it’s truly odd that such deep programming setting ran by itself.

Does your fob work now?

I use simply the Lexus app, I think in Apple store it’s called Lexus enform suite. It’s the official app, allowing you to see odometer, doors etc etc. Toyota has the same. But it’s truly odd that such deep programming setting ran by itself.
I down loaded the Lexus app to my (Android) phone and the only feature worth anything was "Find my Car", which I's never use anyways (at least until dementia starts setting in... hope not), so the app is pretty much useless to me. No remote start, no remote lock/unlock, or windows up/down, nothing.
Do you need to pay for the Lexus link program to get any other features? Not sure if my rig can even be started remotely. It's a 2013 Luxury (with everything) but I don't think it has remote start. If so, for me it just wouldn't be worth it. But again, that's just me.

Does your fob work now?
The App I use has the lock unlock, miles to empty, engine health, service reminder etc etc, so probably it’s for late models. Key fob works now after dealer turned back on some deep functions… still don’t know how they got switched off

Reactions: r2m
Newby questions here. If that part is bought and installed would a new fob be needed to work with it? (2017 gx460)
Kind of confusing on the website. Says you can use your existing fob, but I think it also comes with one. If I were to get one, I think I'd be asking a few questions before dropping any coin on it.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom