New Guy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live in Denton, Texas and jut bought my first cruiser; an 88 fj62. The idea was to find a cash car and eliminate a car payment. Needless to say I realizing how awesome this thing is and I have jumped in with both feet getting this thing in proper working order. Gained a lot of respect after buying the thing up in Baltimore and driving it 1300 miles (23 hrs) back home to Texas with a wobbly wheel. I bought it 12/14 and thanks to the FSM have been ale to do an axle/knuckle job w/ wheel bearings (fixed the wobbly wheel) install all new breaks (rotors, pads, calipers, rear shoes, and E brake). Thank God my best friend is a brake mechanic at dealership that allows us to do work there on Saturdays :). Still waiting on my water outlet housing gasket so I can install my new thermostat. That was a cold drive home with no heater.:cool: A little more rust than I had hoped, but so far able to make repairs . A little cutting, welding, and bondo none of which I'd done before and one rear fender is patched up. Definitely a lot of "What the hell am I doing". But this is so much fun.

Welcome to the Mudboard.

:flipoff2:

Now that you have fixed your front axel, you have successfully
become a "Cruiserhead", doing what many have called the
dirtiest job on the cruiser.

Now post some pics of your rig!

pics!!!!

NOW!!!

Welcome aboard!!!

Tim

Sounds like you've already cut your teeth pretty well. :cheers:

and :flipoff2:

Welcome, now show us some pics! :)

ummm, I don't know if anyone else has said it yet....but where are the pics?

Right, pics are necessary on Mud; the group likes to share their *ladies.

Speaking of which, I need to upload my latest snowy Cruiser pRon, stat!

Hijacked! Sorry.

Sorry, Right, pics... We just had our first child born 1/30, so that's why I've not put any pic up yet. will get some up ASAP. I've still managed to install a new thermostat while my wife and baby are sleeping.

Congrats on the wheels and the bambino. But this thread is useless without pics! (Of the wheels and the bambino)

Oh, and welcome! :flipoff2:

Welcome to mud. Congratulations on the new one.

welcome

If you have not done so...hook up with the LSLC,org. Lots of good cruiser folks your way.

There is a free program called pica, you can use it to resize images for ih8mud.

-mark

welcome aboard

you'll be amazed how much and how quicklly you can learn about these rigs on this site. it's helped me tons. btw i live in carrollton but spend some time in denton so if you ever see an old 60 that's olive drab on the bottom and white on the top that'll be me. thanks to your post i may actually figure out how to post some pics myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom